Brewer Fanatic

Hader to pen? Nope, rumor squelched

I was looking at Medeiros' numbers and one thing that gives me hope is that his walks are down. But, he is still giving up a lot of hits, although not as many as last year. His whip was near a whopping 2 last year and he's brought it down. He does get a lot of strikeouts. So, some of his peripherals are looking better, as they should be, repeating a level. He's hardly new to this as he is in his fourth year in the minors. I wouldn't list him in our top prospect lists by any stretch, but there is hope he can be a reliever. If his performance goes up, particularly as a starter, sure we could lift him in the rankings, but not until you actually see it.

He is giving up approx. 9 a game which isn't all that bad. Certainly nothing to get excited about, but not proof he shouldn't be a starter. Honestly I think he has done pretty good this year just a few terrible starts that spike up his ERA. Why not let a 21 year old keep trying? He is the same age as a bunch of similar profile college pitchers who are about to be drafted and given a chance to start.

Kodi literally just turned 21, there is no point to giving up on him as a starter as long as he shows progress, which it sounds like he is.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Kodi literally just turned 21, there is no point to giving up on him as a starter as long as he shows progress, which it sounds like he is.

As soon as they drafted him I assumed the goal was to make him into Billy Wagner. Based on delivery, size, and lack of a full compliment of pitches, but electric stuff.

I think making him start is more about building his arm than where he will be eventually. Does any scouting service project him as an impact starter at the MLB level?

Archived