Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-27: Diamondbacks (Greinke) at Brewers (Anderson) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-1; Chase takes no-hitter to the 8th]

hawing
Actually looking at Maldonado's Fangraphs and BRef pages he's having a very solid year, higher WAR than Bandy even. Obviously I'd rather have Bandy, the upside and controllable asset part makes that easy. But it seems like both sides are pretty happy for the most part with it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have one no hitter in team history. Please let Anderson throw as many pitches as it takes to get this one.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You have one no hitter in team history. Please let Anderson throw as many pitches as it takes to get this one.

Wow, didn't even realize that was happening until you posted this .

Thames needs a week off too. He is fighting it badly.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

3 15 pitch innings would put Chase at 125. That's not horrible. Especially given the lead, I'd say go for it.

Plus he's not a younger guy. He's built enough to attempt it.

That last hit by Santana has me smiling. Shows his progression as a young guy. He had a horrendous at bat with bases loaded pulling off three straight sliders away. This at bat he waits back and smacks one into right to extend the lead. Fun to watch these guys grow.

3 15 pitch innings would put Chase at 125. That's not horrible. Especially given the lead, I'd say go for it.

3 15 pitch innings would put him at 142. I don't think he's getting a complete game.

But at the same time, we're up by 5. Keep him out there until he gives up a hit (Or a couple of walks, if it looks like he's spent).

140+ pitches is pretty much unheard of these days. I'm not saying don't do it, but I'm not sure what the answer is here. Counsell will definitely get booed royally if he pulls Chase with a no-no, that's for sure.

Probably will be a moot point. There are a lot of near no-nos for every one that is actually completed. But it's exciting regardless.

Please let this day be the day that they have to retire Rock from talking about the only no hitter in our history.

Dumb. Good effort by Anderson but crap.

I think Rock will crack open a beer tonight and enjoy.

I see Thames came up gimpy again. If he is going to miss any time at all, I say go ahead and DL him. He hasn't been productive lately anyway and his body isn't used to a full MLB season, I'm sure he could use the break right now. We are already short on the bench with Pina day to day.

This could give Aguilar some regular PT at 1st, give someone like Phillips a chance to get their feet wet out here with regular ABs in left, and give Thames a much needed break to hopefully get him back in his early season form.

Archived