Brewer Fanatic

FoxSports.com draft prediction

msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3651558

I'm wondering if Bill Schroeder had something to do with this prediction, because it truly doesn't look plausible. I'm not saying I don't agree that Luke Hochevar would make a fine pick by the Brewers (because, like many others on this site, I've explicitly stated he would be my pick of all the draft-eligible throwers, AND his Volunteers just ousted Mike Pelfrey from the tourney) but he is represented by the Boras Monster (a scarily greedy fellow who likes to hold his prospects out until the last foreseeable second) and also, the reasoning behind it is that we are stacked with "position players". Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the best crop of players who man the hot corner in a few years, and 3B is the biggest hole in our system. Just pointing out that I don't see any of this prediction coming to fruition. Two other "errors" in this report: the D-Backs tabbing Pelfrey and NOT Upton, and the complete lack of mention for Alex Gordon! As much as I like Hochevar, if Gordon is available and wasn't selected, I'd organize a mob to burn down the Brew Park (hoping we'd also catch the $250million East Coast boys taking their showers). But, like the speculation, I doubt this will happen, as well.

Archived