Brewer Fanatic

Braun Back on the DL

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unreal. The guy cannot even run down the line to 1st anymore without us expecting him to come up gimpy.

Don't think it'll be Brinson. They need a move for Guerra tomorrow anyway so I wouldn't expect it to be any more exciting than Guerra for Braun.

If for some reason they do make an AAA callup I still don't expect it to be Brinson. He's been looking like he needs more time. If it's Phillips I'll be excited .

I think Phillips deserves the call more than Brinson. Plus he gives us another lefty for the lineup.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Maybe he was trying to come back early.

They were supposedly very cautious with him and he passed every physical test they gave him. Unless we just have a very poor medical and training staff, don't know what else they could do. He's just extremely injury prone.

They were supposedly very cautious with him and he passed every physical test they gave him. Unless we just have a very poor medical and training staff, don't know what else they could do. He's just extremely injury prone.

It's obviously not a new injury so it's very possible he came back too fast.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Again though, what else could they have done? They DL'ed him, they gave him every medical test that they felt necessary. They obviously thought he was healthy. It wasn't just a Braun decision, obviously the medical staff felt comfortable.

Geez the guy is only 33 and already has the body of a 70 year old ??

Must be some kind of withdrawls from something. Can't imagine what though :)

I was no pro athlete but I gotta think I was pretty unstoppable at 33. It's not like he's playing football

It's always something with this guy lately

Again though, what else could they have done? They DL'ed him, they gave him every medical test that they felt necessary. They obviously thought he was healthy. It wasn't just a Braun decision, obviously the medical staff felt comfortable.

Yeah I wasn't saying it was anyone's fault just that he might've rushed the process, felt pretty good and was activated. There's a big difference between running some sprints to see how you feel and game action. It is what it is. Go back on the 10 day and get it healed up.

Yeah...but to answer the speculation I would guess Braun goes on the DL , Guerra comes off, and Franklin and Sogard can send flowers to Braun for saving one of them their 25 man spot for now. Nothing very exciting. Hope Phillips is up though. If it's going to be awhile it would be preferable to have an outfielder in the outfield.

The most annoying part is they are dinky injuries so he isn't gone long enough to bring up one of the trio. Instead we watch garbage till he comes back...rinse and repeat.

Just let him rest for a month and bring up someone worthwhile.

Boy this contract is gonna be a disaster for the foreseeable isn't it.

No matter if he never played again, it shouldn't effect anything the Brewers are doing or want to do.

No matter if he never played again, it shouldn't effect anything the Brewers are doing or want to do.

Payroll is already low but more flexibility is of course better. 20M in payroll a year or whatever it is, is still a big deal for a small market.

Maybe it doesn't affect anything now but it could in 2-3 years when we're making a push.

The worst part of this to me, is that we have to suffer through another 10+ days of Nick Franklin. The guy just simply isn't worthy of an MLB roster spot IMO. I'd much rather see someone like Wren up here. Wren has been very, very good in AAA all last season and this season. Let's see what he can do. At the very least, he can seemingly get on base, which is something Franklin simply hasn't done.

What if we have a better option in the minors? We are going to bench Braun? Release him?

Verified Member

What if we have a better option in the minors? We are going to bench Braun? Release him?

If we have 3 better options than a healthy Braun, we might have the best OF in the history of baseball.

If we have 3 better options than a healthy Braun, we might have the best OF in the history of baseball.

Anyone worth more than 0 WAR is better than Ryan Braun right now. I think you are overvaluing an injury prone/crippled player whose offense will likely decline, have poor defense, and missing a ton of games. What will he be? 3 WAR player? That isn't that special. Then again I am being generous for a player worth nothing so far this year.

I guess you said a healthy Braun...but good luck there.

Geeze some of you guys really hate Braun eh? :rolleyes 33 isn't exactly young in athletics and he admitted he came back too early. Hopefully they just take their time with this and let him get back to 100%.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Geeze some of you guys really hate Braun eh? :rolleyes 33 isn't exactly young in athletics and he admitted he came back too early. Hopefully they just take their time with this and let him get back to 100%.

People hold grudges. Most hold athletes to a higher standard than they do themselves. It's not going to change and it's too bad.

Archived