Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-24: Blue Jays (Stroman) at Brewers (Garza) 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose homerfest, 8-4]

hawing

A matin-ehh? I'll see myself out. ;)

Blue Jays:

CF Kevin Pillar ®

2B Devon Travis ®

RF Jose Bautista ®

1B Justin Smoak (S)

3B Russell Martin ®

LF Chris Coghlan (L)

SS Ryan Goins (L)

C Luke Maile ®

RHP Marcus Stroman ®

Brewers:

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

1B Eric Thames (L)

LF Hernan Perez ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

C Jett Bandy ®

SS Eric Sogard (L)

CF Keon Broxton ®

RHP Matt Garza ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Braun came up gimpy after running hard to first yesterday. Had to be the bullet he hit to 1B in the first as that was I think the only AB he had to run hard on.

ETA: I don't remember for sure if that was first inning. Thames was on first though and 1 out. Would've had 2nd and 3rd with one out or scored Thames. Pretty sure it was no score at the time too so game could've gone way different if he doesn't hit it right off the defenders chest. Of course most of his ABs could've swung the game yesterday.

Braun came up gimpy after running hard to first yesterday. Had to be the bullet he hit to 1B in the first as that was I think the only AB he had to run hard on.

:laughing You've got to be kidding. The guy is made of tissue paper at this point.

Get Sogard up at the top of the order! Why not? He's in a zone (or was). He has been getting on base at a high clip, and that is what we desperately need with all of our power #2 thru 4. He hasn't started since Friday. Really. Almost as bad as yanking Broxton up and down around last year on bench/AAA duty when Captain Kirk was manning CF.

Blue Jays going to return our broom we left in Toronto.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Scheduled off day for #Brewers LF Ryan Braun. Craig Counsell wants to ease him in a bit off the DL.

Wouldn't read too much into it.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sogard on again to start an inning.... and on again period.

As quick as he got on, he is off. Dangit.

Sogard on again to start an inning.... and on again period.

Hey at least he's playing. Thames belongs in the 2 hole and Villar has been heating up, so I don't know where you'd want to put Sogard.

Let's be honest about who Sogard is -- he's a career journeyman on a real hot streak benefiting from a crazy small sample size. I love what he's done so far, but his career .627 OPS in 1300+ PAs is a far more likely representation of what we're going to get out of him than 11 hits in 23 ABs.

Scheduled off day for #Brewers LF Ryan Braun. Craig Counsell wants to ease him in a bit off the DL.

Wouldn't read too much into it.

Not really buying Counsell's explanation much. He had a full 10 days rest to cover, returned for one day, got another day off on Monday, played 1 more game, and now needs another off? How much time off does this guy need on top of what he's already sitting for injuries?

Won't sugarcoat it, very frustrated with this guy, his inability to stay healthy is hurting this offense badly, and if it's this bad at 33 I hate to see what it'll be like at 35-36.

That'll happen when you refuse to use your best relievers to get you out of critical situations early on.

Well, get out the brooms for the Jays. For whatever reason we don't play very well at home.

Archived