Brewer Fanatic

Midseason promotions

adambr2
I've seen Peralta get pretty good movement on his two-seam fastball, somewhat similar to Miguel Diaz. He throws across his body and lands awkwardly so I question if he'll be able to have enough control to succeed at higher levels, but his arm action is pretty clean so it's possible. He throws a slider and change - I don't recall much about either so I guess that's not good or bad.

Belonis is solid player, nothing special. He will be able to get a lot more ABs now without being blocked. I see Wilson a lot like Sefen Wilson. Just a solid college 3B. Gideon & him will bring pop to middle of lineup but will never be a top prospect. Carroll I am guessing will be up soon enough. At 23, he's pretty advanced for Helena. You can see that already.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Anybody care to chime in how good is Peralta?

I haven't watched him a lot this year, but from what I have seen from last year and read his stuff isn't anything special. His stats are obviously pretty flashy this year, but not sure if that is because of vast improvements from what was seen last year. Always seemed like a back end starter in my eyes or a reliever.

I've only seen highlights on the Brewers Prospects twitter feed but he's sitting low-90s fastball bumping up to 95 with a slider/change. His numbers this year are almost identical to what they were last year in A. He's had 2 bad outings from a walk perspective (13 in 10 innings) otherwise his BB9 is at where is was last year the other 46 innings. He's better than Ponce and is a legitimate rotation prospect right now. He just turned 21 so will be interesting to see what he does in AA as he was hit last year when promoted to A+ and his BB numbers rose as well.

Not sure where to tuck this, but good to see some guys doing well as the weather heats up.

Erceg up to .243. Nottingham up to .238. Harrison with some nice power and glad to see him join his buddies in A+.

On the negative side, Diaz's average nosedived. Clark is still scuffling although it's masked a bit by his high BB rate.

Hopefully Clark and Ray turn it around the second half and start to surge heading into 2018. You look at a guy like Clark and hope a Jacob Gatewood-like turnaround occurs. He's young and could repeat A+ next year and basically be where Gatewood is now.

Surprised Ponce hasnt gotten moved up. Not the most exciting profile, but he will likely help the mlb club at some point and they need to bump him closer to keep his ETA and development on track.

• 1 month later...

Be nice to see some OF getting promoted. Stokes needs more playing time and has shown he deserves to go to AA. To make room, I'd like to see what Coulter can do in AAA. Zack Clark to A+ to spell a very weak hitting team. Wisconsin could also use Dallas Carroll and Roscetti.

Nate Griep to AA?

Ronnie Gideon just serves as this year's reminder not to get to excited about college guys like Clark putting up big numbers in the Pioneer league. More then a few over the years have watched that bat disappear in A ball.

I highlighted Zach Clark, Dallas Carroll and Roscetti. because they are old for thier league but doing well. I'd like to see what they can do at the next level.

Glad Stokes was promoted but hopefully nothing major to Taylor. Let's see some of these other promotions happen.

Archived