Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-21: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Arrieta) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 13-6]

hawing
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Momma said there would be days like this
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Anderson got off to strong start but in May has covered only 18.2 IPs in four starts with 7.71 ERA.

Woodruff time soon?

Hope so. Can't stand Anderson. At least your Nelson's and peraltas had the"stuff" to be hopeful. Chase is 89-91 average all around.

Verified Member

Shaw got his ninth homer with a man on. I'm voting for him, Bandy, Thames and Braun for the All Star Game. No pitchers will make it but one of the above deserve to.

Hughes didn't impress today. They still would have lost if he hadn't imploded but still.

I don't get letting Chase hit here. We have a day off tomorrow so pinch hit and use the pen

I was thinking the same thing. What in the hell was CC doing here, saving his pen? smh

Anderson got off to strong start but in May has covered only 18.2 IPs in four starts with 7.71 ERA.

Woodruff time soon?

Hope so. Can't stand Anderson. At least your Nelson's and peraltas had the"stuff" to be hopeful. Chase is 89-91 average all around.

Why is Davies immune?

Woodruff time soon?

Why is Davies immune?

At the end of the day I think Anderson and Davies both are what they are -- back end of the rotation starters, #5 starters. You can get away with one in your rotation but it would be nice to replace the lesser performing one next season.

Nelson still has the arm to be better than that, and it would be huge if he can put it all together for a full season. One strong trade or FA acquisition (going to use Odorizzi just as an example), and a 2018 rotation of Odorizzi, Guerra, Woodruff, Nelson, and one of Davies and Anderson would look respectable.

I am one of the few who have no confidence that Guerra will ever be the pitcher he was last year... I would not count on him being anything more than a #4 pitcher for us, and that may end up being a stretch. If we are counting on him as a #1 or #2, we are in trouble.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I am one of the few who have no confidence that Guerra will ever be the pitcher he was last year... I would not count on him being anything more than a #4 pitcher for us, and that may end up being a stretch. If we are counting on him as a #1 or #2, we are in trouble.

There is almost no way he is a sub 3 ERA guy. I'm just hoping he can be a sub 4 ERA guy.

Archived