Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-19: Brewers (Espino/MLB debut) at Cubs (Butler) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, eventually, 6-3]

hawing
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone hear of a time they are going to try to start up again?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Anyone hear of a time they are going to try to start up again?

Not at all would be sweet. I'll take a cheap 5 inning win, pen could use it. But based on what Trwi said that probably won't happen.

Oh well, there's still a part of me that would rather have 4 more innings of Brewer baseball anyway.

They just said on the radio that if the game is called all stats will count. So Eric's single and the double error cetera. They also said under these conditions that Paolo would be credited with the win and Rob would get a save. I would like to know rules on that one..

official scorer can only award a win to a relief pitcher

rule here is a starter needs 5 innings in a game that last 6 innings or more, but only 4 innings in a game that only lasts 5 innings. I was bored so I looked it up. 9.17(b)

advocates for the devil

Grounds crew out on the field now per Haudricourt. Don't know why it was being talked about. The rain was never going to last long enough for that to be a possibility.

Well it was a pretty lengthy delay. 2 hours by the time they get going?

Verified Member
Grounds crew out on the field now per Haudricourt. Don't know why it was being talked about. The rain was never going to last long enough for that to be a possibility.

Well it was a pretty lengthy delay. 2 hours by the time they get going?

It all seemed pretty dumb to me. Anybody can sit and watch the radar and see that it was about to rain. And that it would rain for a couple hours max, and then it would stop. They should have stopped the game at the end of the 4th and let it all blow over. They would have got the tarp on much sooner and there would be no need to do much ground work after it quit raining 40 minutes ago.

Wily Peralta up and moving around in the pen. Bullpen debut coming!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Franklin is as good as gone IMO, especially if Sogard can play LF.

5 for 18 as a pinch hitter gives him an opportunity to be on this ball team.

Feel good for Wily. Counsell said he wanted to help this team win games and this is a perfect way for him to do so.

Archived