Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-19: Brewers (Espino/MLB debut) at Cubs (Butler) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, eventually, 6-3]

hawing
I think I should probably bench Arrieta on one of my fantasy teams tomorrow... He's been crap lately anyway...

I'm starting him. If he destroys the Brewers and I sat him I would be pissy all weekend. This way it is a win either way.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Cubs lose! Cubs lose! Cubs lose!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Peralta gets the W. hahaha.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

There is no way you can give him a hit for that play. Yeah it was tricky with the wind but you should make that 90% of the time.

Brewer fans will say this because it is Villar.

Scooter would have made the play... (should that be in blue, you be the judge)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

There is no way you can give him a hit for that play. Yeah it was tricky with the wind but you should make that 90% of the time.

I would agree with that no matter who it was. I have no idea how you can get to a pop up, have it bounce right off your glove, and have that recorded as a 'hit. Seems ridiculous. Super easy play in the weather, no, but yeah, it's a 90% play.

If that's a 'hit' you better go back and give Villar a hit in the 6th instead of the first error on Schwarber.

I'm actually glad they didnt being Wily back out for the 9th. I think it affirms their commitment to him as an important reliever. He's going to be pitching high stress, high leverage innings. He isn't a long man that you leave out there for 3 innings and then shut down for a couple days.

I'm actually glad they didnt being Wily back out for the 9th. I think it affirms their commitment to him as an important reliever. He's going to be pitching high stress, high leverage innings. He isn't a long man that you leave out there for 3 innings and then shut down for a couple days.

Agreed, and after what had to be a huge ego blow being pulled from the rotation, let him leave on a good - or more accurately, dominant - note. Let him get comfortable from the start in what hopefully be an important role going forward.

Could tell in the dugout after he was pinch hit for he was feeling real good and his teammates were all happy for him. Fun to see.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Took video of the play because explaining it with just words doesn't do it justice.

You sir are a prince! That made my day.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I have defended Villar more than most, so no it isn't because it is Villar. I hate errors, they should just be removed from the game. The error calls are so inconsistent that the stat just has no meaning. The other day I saw an OF fielding a routine ball(I think it was Pence), he slipped and fell right before the ball got to him and the ball bounced past him. He was slightly injured so it took him a bit to stand up and chase it down and the CF didn't come help for some reason. End of the play was an inside the park HR. That either has to be an error somewhere or you just don't call anything an error.

Was listening to game on MLB at Bat and suddenly cut out! What's going on. MLB used to be best internet sport (except for stupid blackouts), now just cut out audio with no warning! Stinks.

I have a couple questions about this post:

1) Do you normally expect a warning when a technical problem occurs?

2) You say MLB "used to be" the best, so is it now not the best simply because of one technical problem?

Franklin is as good as gone IMO, especially if Sogard can play LF.

5 for 18 as a pinch hitter gives him an opportunity to be on this ball team.

Well, they have Guerra and Braun returning next week, so moves will have to be made, gotta think that one of them will come from the bench.

Sogard and Franklin seem pretty interchangeable to me, don't think they really need both. With as hot as Sogard has been it's hard for me to see them sending him back down now, but if they want to keep both they might have to. Otherwise I would have to think one of the two moves is DFA Franklin.

So Feliz is basically the last man in the pen now........

I totally forgot he was even on the team, he's quickly become the forgotten man in the pen.

If Wily pitches how we hope, Feliz only gets buried further in the pen. On the other hand, if he puts it together and becomes who we hoped, all of the sudden our pen looks like a strength.

I wanted Greg Holland, we had interest in him and he'd look good right now. With that said I can't believe he got the potential $15M player option for a second year and I can't blame Stearns for not wanting to touch that offer.

It's so hilarious watching professional major league baseball players turn into giant babies over bat flips.

Why do they get ballistic over that? Do they consider that action is showing the other team up? Maybe their pitcher shouldn't be throwing cookies over the plate?

Kinda hate that Sogard went after the first pitch there. Montgomery just struggling to find the strike zone. Really bailed him out.

Why do hitters in situations like this even bother to swing when the pitcher can't find the strike zone to save his life?

Kinda hate that Sogard went after the first pitch there. Montgomery just struggling to find the strike zone. Really bailed him out.

Why do hitters in situations like this even bother to swing when the pitcher can't find the strike zone to save his life?

Because it goes both ways. A pitcher who is struggling to hit corners and walks a few guys can think the batter might be in that exact thought process.. so the first pitch very well might be a "get me over" strike. If that is the case you just let a batting practice fastball go down the middle when it should be bouncing off a outfield wall somewhere and we should have two more runs.

The other thing I will say is that it is always easy to notice when it doesn't work "Why was he swinging?!" .. and not notice when it works. Had Sogard smashed a 2 RBI single right there the box score would have shown a single with 2 RBI and we would have been praising Sogard for keeping his hot streak going ... but no one would mention the awareness Sogard had to hijack a struggling pitcher who was trying to steal a strike to get some momentum.

For the record, I actually agree with you in that I wouldn't have swung... but when you are swinging as well as Sogard is I just shrug and say "that's too bad" that it didn't work out.

Archived