Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-19: Brewers (Espino/MLB debut) at Cubs (Butler) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, eventually, 6-3]

hawing

Weather permitting, as that's part of Wrigley's charm, or something.

Brewers:

LF Eric Sogard (L)

1B Eric Thames (L)

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

C Jett Bandy ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Paolo Espino ®

Cubs:

LF Kyle Schwarber (L)

3B Kris Bryant ®

1B Anthony Rizzo (L)

CF Ian Happ (S)

2B Ben Zobrist (S)

C Willson Contreras ®

SS Javier Baez ®

RHP Eddie Butler (S)

RF Jon Jay (L)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This one might be an evening game by the looks of the weather rolling through.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Interesting stacking all the lefties up there and Villar at 3 hole. We'll see what happens. Fly the L

I don't think any of the lefties have had any trouble hitting left handed pitching so far this season so that might be a reason why he did that today. Villar in the 3-hole allows there to be a break between Thames and Shaw at least.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That lineup is very interesting. Usually you dont want to stack batters of the same handedness like that for when they go to the pen. Makes it really easy to play the matchups. Probably why Villar is in the 3 hole since he is a switch hitter

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

why wouldn't you have Villar in LF and Sogard at 2B?

They aren't moving Villar around anymore, haven't all year IIRC. He's our 2nd baseman.

For good or for bad, you are correct.

When the Brewers traded Scooter Gennett that was the signal that they were committed to Villar.

That said, i'm ecstatic that Villar turned down the extension. I believe Dubon and/or Diaz will be nipping at Villar's heels by this time next year.

I'm really really big on Isan Diaz. The guy has great plate discipline. In 2017 he has posted a .357 OBP, has 18 walks and only 41 k's, and has some power with 7 home runs already.

Yeah I hope we don't sign Villar long term. We need to get better defense on the field.

I really hope we win this game. Even if we just win 1 of 3 I'm ok with this weekend, 2 or 3 wins and I'm very happy. A sweep would just be awful.

Verified Member
This had to be a scheduling snafu by somebody, no? Yesterday's game ended at around 6 PM central time in San Diego, then they have to play an afternoon game in Chicago the next day?

This had to be a scheduling snafu by somebody, no? Yesterday's game ended at around 6 PM central time in San Diego, then they have to play an afternoon game in Chicago the next day?

I think home teams get to determine their times, don't they?

Yeah I hope we don't sign Villar long term. We need to get better defense on the field.

Not saying we can't find better defense but Villar has been pretty good since the first month of the season. He had a rocky start and has settled into playing some good baseball at second.

April: 119 chances, 64 assists, 5 errors

May: 74 chances, 40 assists, 0 errors

Not posting this, expect an idiotic play today from him but I am one that is in his corner that believes he's too gifted not to becomes a very good MLB player.

I think someone, might've been Briggs, that wanted us to sign Eddie Butler this past off season. Hopefully we light him up today.

Oh God Jerry Augustine in for Bill today. Mute mute mute.

Should've called up Tim Dillard. It's not like he's really useful to our pitching in the organization.

Wow Shaw, brutal swing.

Not trying to pick on you but you do realize that these guys are facing major league pitching and every once in awhile they are fooled, right? It happens to the best of them.

Archived