Brewer Fanatic

Friday's Starter

BrewersAA
In all likelihood it's Paola at this point. But, with the way the rotations are set at AAA and AA it could still be woodruff, Hader, Lopez, or Jungmann. If Woodruff is scratched tonight that would be telling, and AA still has a tbd for tonight and tomorrow.

I know Peralta has been rough but seems like it would've made sense to just give him one or two more starts until Guerra is back rather than jockeying guys back and forth. There's an off day next week so could get a skip in there.

Who knows though, as Brewers fans we all know how it can go against a minor leaguer making a spot start. Maybe we'll finally be on the good end of one of those gems.

I know Peralta has been rough but seems like it would've made sense to just give him one or two more starts until Guerra is back rather than jockeying guys back and forth. There's an off day next week so could get a skip in there.

Who knows though, as Brewers fans we all know how it can go against a minor leaguer making a spot start. Maybe we'll finally be on the good end of one of those gems.

If they were down in the standings, they probably would have let Peralta have one more start to try to "find it" before Guerra returned. In the current situation, they probably want to give the team a better chance to win, while getting a chance to see Espino, who's having a great year at AAA.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Given the amazing start Espino is off to maybe they really just wanted to see him pitch a game or two in the majors. I don't know the guys game at all but just looking at the minor league stats he's always had good control but this year he is getting a lot more Ks which turns him from a meh guy to a guy who could actually be something.

its just one start, my thought it was Paola is older and could handle making his MLB debut at Wrigley better than Woodruff or Hader.

If I were Stearns I would give the start to Espino as well … however Paulo has played 7+ years in the minors and never pitched in the big leagues. There is plenty of reason to think he will be more emotional than one of the young ones would have been. The kids know they will be there someday … Espino probably has had his doubts. I’m pulling for him if he gets the call though!

I was thinking the same thing, Davies has been just as bad and in a few areas worse than peralta, you gotta think today's outcome might determine whether his next start is in AAA or MLB and I think the Leralta demotion being announced well ahead of time was an intentional message to Davies as well (who does not have the same bullpen value as Willy).

Davies just doesn't look like he has the "stuff" to be a MLB pitcher. At times, when his location is on, he is very good but a lot of the times he looks like he's a meatballer. Maybe it is because he weighs about 100lbs when wet but its hard to watch him at times.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And with the MLB emphasis to bring the zone up a bit it could be hurting Davies. From my eyeball test I'd say it has slightly come up, at least I feel like there's been a lot of low pitches I thought would've been called strikes in the past. Maybe they pick and choose when to do it but just my two cents watching a fair amount. He's the type of guy this would affect the most.

Regardless of who starts tomorrow...someone is going to have to be sent back down. Very well could be Davies if he pitches poorly again today.

If it's not him though...who gets the boot?

Suter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Regardless of who starts tomorrow...someone is going to have to be sent back down. Very well could be Davies if he pitches poorly again today.

Favorite:Franklin.

Next in line: Sogard.

Darkhorse: Feliz.

So you want them to go with a 14-man pitching staff and 3-man bench?

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

So you want them to go with a 14-man pitching staff and 3-man bench?

Want? No. But Braun is back Monday. A pitcher makes sense but who other than Suter? Are they really going to call BS up for 72 hours and then ship him out again?

Yeah... now that you say it that is exactly what they are going to do. Franklin will go when Monday hits.

Franklin isn't going anywhere until Braun and Thames are back 100% at the very earliest. Suter would be the favorite over those 3. Also i think (hope) that they keep Sogard around for a little bit. I wasn't a fan of his promotion but have been pleasantly surprised with his IF versatility in the wake of injuries as well as his production. With Villar struggling he is good to keep around.

I may have missed it, but is Braun back for sure on Monday?

They said at the beginning it would be a minimum stint only. And I seem to recall them saying it again in the last few days during a game. Of course that can change, but that's what they said so far to the best of my knowledge.

Archived