Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 5/17 - Yet Another Matinee (Colorado Springs)

Medeiros ran out of gas, but was dominating a RH-heavy lineup (7 of 9 hitters). The last inning was a ERA buster, but he is at least back on the prospect map even if he is trending toward matchup reliever.

I missed Medeiros' last inning, which seems fortunate, but watched almost all of the rest of his outing. His fastball command was as good as I've ever seen it, and he's back up into the high 90s again after dipping last season. Still not incredibly impressed with his breaking ball, which I've seen variously referred to as a curve or a slider (I think it's a curve that breaks more like a slider due to arm angle), and his change up still has a ways to go as well. But man, it was exciting to see how well he was pitching last night.

I've been assuming they had him at AA because they don't like how his stuff plays in the thin air.

I am nearly positive this is correct. He pitched well in AAA for the Brewers last year, but didn't have the results to back it up. He kind of is what he is as a pitcher, so I don't think it makes a big difference between AA and AAA for him.

Archived