Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-15: Brewers (Anderson) at Padres (Perdomo) 9:10 PM CDT

hawing

Get ready to stay up late, non-west-coasters!

BREWERS:

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

SS Eric Sogard (L)

3B Hernan Perez ®

1B Jesus Aguilar ®

RF Domingo Santana ®

LF Nick Franklin (S)

C Jett Bandy ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

RHP Chase Anderson ®

PADRES:

CF Manuel Margot ®

2B Cory Spangenberg (L)

1B Wil Myers ®

3B Ryan Schimpf (L)

C Austin Hedges ®

SS Erick Aybar (S)

RF Hunter Renfroe ®

LF Allen Cordoba ®

RHP Luis Perdomo ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Villar

2) Sogard

3) Perez

4) Aguilar

5) Santana

6) Franklin

7) Bandy

8) Broxton

9) Anderson

Ok, I've generally been happy with the lineups lately so I'm due to nitpick this one.

- If you're going to give Thames a day off, which is fine once in awhile, why would you do it against a RHP?

- Why is Counsell so against Broxton near the top of the order? He's been our hottest player for awhile, or one of them. Sogard seems like a weird choice for the 2 hole with the Sunday lineup.

Anyway, prove me wrong and put up 8 runs regardless.

Yeah I would bat Broxton somewhere in the top 5 given how well he is hitting right now. They must think Broxton can't handle the pressure of batting towards the top or something.

Not sure why they would, Broxton has a career. 919 OPS leading off, .954 batting 2nd, .898 batting 7th, and .695 batting 8th. Some of this is probably just statistical noise because of the very streaky nature of his career but it doesn't indicate any issue hitting near the top of the order for him .

Community Moderator
I think Thames probably just needed today off, regardless of the handedness of the starter. He was noticeably shaken after diving for that ball down the LF line yesterday & was moving pretty gingerly the rest of the game it seemed.

Well now I see why Broxton is batting 8th. Catch the ball.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Well now I see why Broxton is batting 8th. Catch the ball.

Sucks, but he just lost it in the lights. Happens.

Yeah we were due for some bad luck here and there.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived