Brewer Fanatic

BA's Draft coverage picking up

He definately has a hitch. Watch Goron bat then watch Braun and it's very noticeable. Braun is a potential stud, but he worries me.

Don't be too worried. Braun has the same stance, swing (and hitch) Sheffield and Julio Franco have. It works ok for them.

They do play this thing they call "defense" in major league baseball, right?

So you'd take Joe Crede over Aramas Rameriz because Crede is the better defender?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you'd take Joe Crede over Aramas Rameriz because Crede is the better defender?

I'd rather take neither, but I've made it well known that I am not a Ramirez fan, especially at nearly $10 million. Are he and Sheets the same type of impact player? I think not

The lastest Mock draft by Jonthan Mayo still has the Brewers taking Cameron Maybin, although there was an interested bit of information about the Washington Nationals,

"If the Nationals had unlimited resources, they might be interested in a college arm like Hochevar. Since that's not the case, it seems almost certain they'll be taking Zimmerman, considered to be the best defensive infielder in the draft who's shown plenty with the bat as well. Even if Tulowitzki trickles down to them, it's apparent Zimmerman is their man. There were reports of a private workout with Cameron Maybin over the weekend, but Maybin might only be a Plan B.

If the National were to surprise people and take Maybin, and Seattle takes Clement as Callis mentioned they are considering do the Brewers take Zimmerman, Braun, Tulowitzki. Of course, things will more than likely go as expected, but it could become interesting if a couple surprises were to occur ahead of the Brewers.

mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ne...&fext=.jsp

The Northwoods League's #1 prospect from last summer, Lance Broadway, has vaulted up draft boards according to BA's Draft Tracker, and is now being considered for a first-round pick, jumping up to 16th on BA's list:

Texas Christian righthander Lance Broadway, considered a consensus supplemental or second-round talent three weeks ago, has surged into the middle of the first round for several reasons. First and foremost, Broadway finished a stellar season--15-1, 1.62, with 151 strikeouts and just 35 walks in 117 innings--with three quality starts against regional opponents. He tossed back-to-back shutouts against No. 1 Tulane (a four-hit, 10-strikeout complete-game performance on May 20) and Southern Mississippi (6 IP, 9 SO), then beat Stanford on Friday with a six-hitter, giving up one run and striking out seven. Broadway is efficient, commands his average fastball well and has one of the draft's best curveballs. Polished college righthanders with a plus pitch are hard to find this year, and Broadway's recent efforts vaulted him past Miami's Cesar Carrillo and Massachusetts' Matt Torra as the top righty not represented by Scott Boras on most draft boards.

Broadway would be the 2nd #1 Northwoods League prospect to go in the first-round in consecutive years, as Thomas Diamond went in the first round to the Rangers a year ago.

All the more reason to go check out the Mallard, Express, Woodchucks, etc. this summer. Ryan Zink, a former Brewer draftee, will be pitching for the Mallards again this summer (hint, hint).

http://www.baseballamerica.com/images2005/lbroadway425325aw.jpg

A bit interesting that BA no longer says they'll have their final first-round projection up tonight. Could they have some last-minute info to check up on. Sort of reminds me of what happened last year, when the Padres wavered on their pick.

Could there be a shake-up near the top of the draft again this year?

Could Stephen Drew affect the top pick in back-to-back years??

We'll find out soon enough!

Click on the 'Draft' button to force a re-load.

The text changed from "Coming This Evening! Our Final First Round Projection" to "Coming Soon! Our Final First Round Projection."

Sounds like they're checking their sources on something... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smokin.gif

just curious, was the last time the Dbacks picked ahead of us the year they passed on Big Ben because they thought he was unsignable, and wound up taking Corey Meyers? That's right, the same Meyers who has the build of my boy Jeremy Brown, yet somehow he was drafted as a SS.

If so, then I like knowing that AZ is infront of us, along with the ownerless club and the budget-conscious Royals. In the end, I see the Royals going with someone they have a pre-draft deal worked out with. I figure they won't go above slot money, and they won't take someone who can't be fast-tracked. So of the college SS/3b, I see the Royals taking the one available willing to sign right away (whoever that might be)

Sounds like the D-Backs are almost for-sure going with a pitcher for their pick, which pushes all the hitters down a notch. Is this enough to push Gordon down to the Brewers? I hope so.

What makes you say this?

Archived