Brewer Fanatic

MUST-SEE MOVIES

Really, really liked 1917. Legitimately one of the better movies I've seen in a long time.

Agreed. The uniqueness of how it was shot was really fun for me.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Really, really liked 1917. Legitimately one of the better movies I've seen in a long time.

Agreed. The uniqueness of how it was shot was really fun for me.

Roger Deakins should pretty much win the Oscar every year.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ad Astra I was totally into this one and then my plane landed. Gah.

I completely hated Ad Astra and I can't remember why but I hated it.

Having your plane land and missing the end is probably the best possible way to watch Ad Astra.

I went and saw Bad Boys 4 Life last week. I often enjoy movies like that for pure entertainment value.

I liked both of the previous versions, so figured "why not?"

Movie was fine, but without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't seen it, there was one part of the movie, and how it ended that just irritates the crap out of me. So much so that it completely tainted the entertainment value for me.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Movie was fine, but without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't seen it, there was one part of the movie, and how it ended that just irritates the crap out of me. So much so that it completely tainted the entertainment value for me.

Ha, I had the same exact reaction. I did enjoy the movie overall though.

Finally got around to seeing the Joker and it was bizarre watching as it was like somebody wanted to combine The King of Comedy and Taxi Driver into one movie while making the main character the eventual Joker. Add in the fact that Robert De niro was in this movie as well and I now can't blame Scorsese for not liking comic book movies as even comic book movies that are more artsy are just rip offs of a couple of his movies.

• 4 weeks later...
RIP Brewmeister Smith from Strange Brew
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Perfect casting choice. Also always loved that SB is an Hamlet adaptation too. Might just be my favorite comedy of all time.

Still have never seen Seventh Seal, by the time I was getting into film it was already such a meme that I never made it a priority to watch it. At the same time it seems like something that would resonate more seeing now that I'm twenty some years older.

More of a deep cut MVS favorite of mine would be Dreamscape. Totally freaked me out seeing it as a kid in the mid 80s, then watched it again recently & it totally holds up.

He was great in Minority Report too. And, of course, as the Three Eyed Raven.

Always remembered Max Van Sydow from 'Three Days of the Condor', but in recent years I've been watching tons of old movies and enjoyed him in both 'The Emigrants' and 'The New Land', as well as 'The Desert of the Tartars'.

Saddened to hear that he has passed.

Always remembered Max Van Sydow from 'Three Days of the Condor', but in recent years I've been watching tons of old movies and enjoyed him in both 'The Emigrants' and 'The New Land', as well as 'The Desert of the Tartars'.

Saddened to hear that he has passed.

I used to show Three Days of the Condor in an Intro to Film for Non Majors class. They all hated it but thought it was cool The Three Eyed Raven was in it.

I can't believe someone else came up with this. I actually texted that to two of my brothers today. We all loved that movie. I still laugh just thinking about Max Von Sydow and what he must have thought as he made the film.

• 2 weeks later...

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.