Brewer Fanatic

MUST-SEE MOVIES

41 minutes ago, CheezWizHed said:

I'm rarely recent on my movie watching so bear with me...

Saw "Knives Out" and really enjoyed it.  Daniel Craig's Kentucky drawl was bad (especially early in the film), but the plot and the twists were excellent.  I figured out the how, but not the who of the movie. I had both of Kenneth Branagh's Hercule Poirot movies figured out before the end (Murder on the Orient Express and  Death on the Nile - still good movies), but this one had me guessing to the end. 

On the opposite side, I saw Wonder Woman 1984.... ugh.  How bad can a super hero movie be??? I can't think of a single redeeming aspect of this film.  It just kept getting worse and worse.  Pedro, this is not the way!

Now that you've seen Knives Out you can watch the next one, "Glass Onion". I should take my own advice, I've been meaning to watch it for weeks now lol.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If anyone is looking for a horror flick, Barbarian is pretty fun. It has a unique plot structure with some interesting twists.

• Like 1
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

On 1/25/2023 at 9:54 AM, SeaBass said:

Now that you've seen Knives Out you can watch the next one, "Glass Onion". I should take my own advice, I've been meaning to watch it for weeks now lol.

I'm sure I'll get to in in the next 3-4 years... 😂  I just watched the entire Godzilla King of Monsters so I can watch Godzilla vs Kong. (Which I'll say was "ok" ). 

• WHOA SOLVDD 1

We trudged through the snow to see M3GAN on Saturday. It was the only thing playing near us. It was OK. I don't understand the glowing reviews.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

On 1/25/2023 at 9:54 AM, SeaBass said:

Just saw Knives Out this weekend.  Very good!!!!  Yes... Glass Onion is next!

I've seen 8 of the 10 Best Picture nominees for the Oscar's. I have ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT  and  WOMEN TALKING to go.

I won't say it was the right 10, but it was a fairly representative 10. The two biggest hits of the year, which hasn't happened since 1970, a surprise hit, several critics favorites, and a couple of odd choices at the end that may be worth discovering. 

TRIANGLE OF SADNESS didn't really work for me, but I don't begrudge the rest for getting nominations.

21 hours ago, RobertR said:

I've seen 8 of the 10 Best Picture nominees for the Oscar's. I have ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT  and  WOMEN TALKING to go.

I won't say it was the right 10, but it was a fairly representative 10. The two biggest hits of the year, which hasn't happened since 1970, a surprise hit, several critics favorites, and a couple of odd choices at the end that may be worth discovering. 

TRIANGLE OF SADNESS didn't really work for me, but I don't begrudge the rest for getting nominations.

I'm up to 6 of the 10 (missing Triangle, All Quiet, Tar, and Women Talking).  All Quiet on the Western Front is on Netflix, so I know that I'll see that one before the ceremony; might have to break down and rent the others.

I have a hard time not rooting for Everything Everywhere All at Once....which is such a non-Oscar-type film, I simultaneously have a hard time picturing it actually winning.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Creed III yesterday and really enjoyed it.  I'm a sucker for the Rocky franchise.

(I do admit though, seeing the beatings these guys take in the movies, and knowing full well that in real life, there would be death or total and complete brain damage, I find some of the unrealistic beatings to be a bit much.  Was the same throughout all the Rocky and Creed movies though, so this isn't anything new)

• Like 1
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.