Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-13: Mets (Gsellman) at Brewers (Davies) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-4, including 8 run 5th inning]

hawing

Meet the Mets!

LF Michael Conforto (L)

SS Asdrubal Cabrera (S)

RF Jay Bruce (L)

2B Neil Walker (S)

3B T.J. Rivera ®

CF Curtis Granderson (L)

1B Lucas Duda (L)

C Kevin Plawecki ®

RHP Robert Gsellman ®

Back the Brewers!

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

1B Eric Thames (L)

LF Hernan Perez ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

C Jett Bandy ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Zach Davies ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just cannot remember this many people being picked off second base.

Let's get win 20!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is there any website that tracks, on a team-level, where hits are located (Right/Left/Cente/Infield etc)? Feels like we're hitting a lot to the opposite field, would be interesting to see if that's accurate and how it compares to other teams.

What looked like a 10 pitch or less quick inning turns into a run and 20 pitches.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Some days you just don't have it. Today is one of those days for Davies.

50+ pitches in two innings is pretty disgusting. Every year it feels as though the art of pitching dies just a little bit more.

We really need Guerra back . This rotation just isn't good. It's basically just a collection of back-end starters. Garza has been great but it's been 3 starts. I don't trust it to last.

We really need Guerra back . This rotation just isn't good. It's basically just a collection of back-end starters. Garza has been great but it's been 3 starts. I don't trust it to last.

I guess I don't know why you're so down on Garza? He's been a very good pitcher in this league when healthy. Unless maybe you think he will get hurt again.

Nice to get one back right away. Good swing by Villar.

I guess I don't know why you're so down on Garza? He's been a very good pitcher in this league when healthy. Unless maybe you think he will get hurt again.

I have a hard time trusting a veteran that hasn't really has any sustained success in 3 years. Maybe he can have a big rebound year, I don't know, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hope to be wrong of course.

Thames just doesn't seem to be seeing it well right now at all. The fact that his OPS is still well over 1.000 is a testament to how good he was early this year because he doesn't seem to have much lately.

Does Davies ever get a ground ball?

Thames just doesn't seem to be seeing it well right now at all. The fact that his OPS is still well over 1.000 is a testament to how good he was early this year because he doesn't seem to have much lately.

I haven't been seeing many games lately so I don't share your eye test, but Thames has a 1.144 OPS in the past week.

Archived