Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-12: Mets (Harvey) at Brewers (Garza) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

adambr2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Earlier FS Wisconsin had a graphic that said Garza throws his fastball 20% of the time and his slider over 60% of the time and that immediately raised a "you guys are dumb" flag so I went to fangraphs and it says he's throwing his fastball 63% of the time and his slider 20% of the time.

Only 1-0 but great start for the Crew in the sense that Harvey is already at 50 pitches in the 3rd. Mets pen is hurt and overworked and if we can make them eat 5+ innings in the opener.. hopefully that sets up some favorable match-ups in the next couple days..

As I'm typing this Perez goes deep. What a call up with Sogard! Produces a HR already :)

How much longer do we need to listen to Lepay. He just said what a great prospect Clint Coulter and how well he is doing this year. Said he is now at "AA"! (even though he has been there for three years now).

I'm glad Coulter is on a 4 game tear, but to say he is doing "well" is just completely uninformed.

LePay: "(Braun) said he couldn't recall anything specific that caused the calf injury."

Well, that will happen when you're extremely injury prone.

Yeah, on Coulter I still think they want to give lip service from the guy from time to time, with him being a former first round pick and all. But the reality of it is that he was exposed to the Rule 5 draft and not picked and is basically a non-prospect at this point. Maybe he can salvage a career, but I doubt it. I think he was actually only at High A last year (and not producing) and they basically just sent him on to Biloxi because he was pretty much at the point where he wasn't going to get any better and they just had to promote him by default.

How much longer do we need to listen to Lepay. He just said what a great prospect Clint Coulter and how well he is doing this year. Said he is now at "AA"! (even though he has been there for three years now).

I'm glad Coulter is on a 4 game tear, but to say he is doing "well" is just completely uninformed.

I think he just views himself as a propaganda guy.....gets paid by the Brewers to promote the product.....knows most fans that watch aren't informed about the minor league guys.

Does seem a shame with so much good to talk about that he feels the need to spin about how good a non prospect is.

Speaking of 1st round picks, Medeiros had a really nice outing for Carolina tonight. He's slowly been improving. Would be great if he can put it all together and become an electric lefty out of the pen.

Adam I feel as though you're having a conversation with yourself! lol I can't believe how dead the forums are with this team playing such good, exciting baseball. Took me awhile to find the thread.

Other than the homer, Garza tossing another nice game.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just bunt the damn thing if it's in the strike zone. Pull it back twice on strikes and all of the sudden you're out and you didn't get a sac bunt down again.

EDIT: I forgot that Garza and Sogard had that big feud, so maybe Garza just hates him that much where he doesn't want to sac bunt him over, ha.

Adam I feel as though you're having a conversation with yourself! lol I can't believe how dead the forums are with this team playing such good, exciting baseball. Took me awhile to find the thread.

Other than the homer, Garza tossing another nice game.

I had pretty much given Garza up for dead, so I have to say I'm impressed since his return.

There's really no reason for Villar to continue to be leading off. I'm not calling for his benching, but let the guy try to figure it out at the bottom of the order for awhile. If you're willing to pull the plug on Feliz as closer until he can figure it out you might as well do the same with Villar at leadoff.

I'm not one who thinks Broxton should be a leadoff guy so I'm okay with sticking with Villar. He'll figure it out eventually and hopefully be deadly atop the lineup like last season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm not saying he won't figure it out eventually, but right now a .270 OBP is a pretty bad number to be setting the table.

Crazy to think how good the offense has been but could be even better.

Archived