Brewer Fanatic

How much Brewer baseball do you watch?

adambr2
I used to watch every game I was home for until I got married. Then I lost 99% of control of the TV. Then Fox Sports Go came around and I probably watch about half of the games on my phone or laptop. I usually wait until the 5th or 6th inning to see how they're doing before I decide to watch or not.

Italy has a 6 hours time differential from central US time. Day games are in prime time here and i watch most of them live. Night games begin at 2 a.m. here and i seldom watch them live (mostly when the Brewers contend). I usually watch the condensed game as soon as i wake up witout knowing the score, Saturdays and Sundays morning i get up and watch the whole game of the night before with mlb tv.

Fun fact is that playoffs apart, i completaly stopped to watch games of other teams. The time dedicated to baseball il 90% dedicated to the Brewers.

I don't have cable, and while I have MLB.TV all Brewers games are blacked out. I see more games in person than on TV. I've only been to three this year, with two more coming up soon. I try to listen to games on the radio here and there. I mostly just get to listen to the 105.7 post game show. I try to watch highlights after the game.

This all said, if anyone wants to inbox me with their Fox Sports Go password, that would be probably the nicest thing ever.

I have a two tv setup in the living room so I pretty much 'watch' nearly every weeknight game on the 2nd TV while watching whatever else on the main that needs volume, like the ton of quality TV out there these day, NBA playoffs, etc. If I'm out doing something and I miss the weekend games so be it but usually can keep an eye on it if at a bar/restaurant, and I can't stay up all night for west coasters.

The hawing household has two 20-packs which cover about half of the home schedule, so we "watch" those in person.

For games we don't attend, I actually prefer to follow by radio or Gameday audio (depending on where I am), although the S.O. usually has FSWI on or can switch back to it quickly in case of a big play. Weekday games are difficult to follow straight through unless it's an uncommonly quiet day at the library.

I like both the Uecker/Levering and Levering/Grindle called games, all more so than the BA/Rock or Lepay/Rock pairings. Opting for radio is also easy for me if Craig Coshun is on play by play.

So it's a rare game that I miss completely.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Italy has a 6 hours time differential from central US time. Day games are in prime time here and i watch most of them live. Night games begin at 2 a.m. here and i seldom watch them live (mostly when the Brewers contend). I usually watch the condensed game as soon as i wake up witout knowing the score, Saturdays and Sundays morning i get up and watch the whole game of the night before with mlb tv.

Fun fact is that playoffs apart, i completaly stopped to watch games of other teams. The time dedicated to baseball il 90% dedicated to the Brewers.

How long you been living in Italy?

Verified Member

kalle8 IS actually Italian. Not an expat.

kalle8 IS actually Italian. Not an expat.

Awesome my wife's family all lives in Italy and we try to go every other year to visit.

I watch all 9 innings of about 75% of the games and try and catch the rest on the radio or at least on gamecast. How my wife and children haven't murdered me yet, I don't know. Although, I can say with pride that my wife and 4 year old daughter have met Uecker, randomly, when we were at Miller park two years ago, and were both pretty stocked when it happened, so I know they are fans too. God bless the extra innings package. I have to be the only person in Columbus, GA that watches this much Brewers baseball.

Community Moderator

Well before kids and when the first one was really young, I would watch or listen to parts of most games. I usually would trail off in July and August a bit and catch more of those on radio. Now with two young kids and preparing for a move..... I'm lucky to catch parts of a couple games a week. I do my best to catch up in the morning with box scores and highlights and my daily visit to BF.net. That's why my in game posts are now usually the day after the game! I'm hoping once we get settled I'll get in to more of a routine with watching and listening. Plus I'll be in WI, so that will make it even more fun!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm watching right now. West Coast games are a big help, but never make it to the end of them.

I attend roughly eight games a year.

Otherwise, I only watch on FSW (cable), I don't stream. Maybe a couple of weeknight games, maybe the first time through the order, or a few random innings. I start work at 6:30 am, so it's hit-or-miss if I can catch the endings.

If the Olympics/T+F champs/Tour de France is in session, then baseball is pretty much zero.

I attend roughly eight games a year.

Otherwise, I only watch on FSW (cable), I don't stream. Maybe a couple of weeknight games, maybe the first time through the order, or a few random innings. I start work at 6:30 am, so it's hit-or-miss if I can catch the endings.

If the Olympics/T+F champs/Tour de France is in session, then baseball is pretty much zero.

I go to about 20 a year..maybe 30. I like going on Tuesday nights or Wednesday games when it's not too crowded. The rest I tape and watch about one third of the games in real time...the rest I go back and will skim. Watch a couple players I'm interested in. I really like watching Aquilar and Broxton among the less obvious players. I think both could end up being really good players for us. Aquilar just has such an easy swing and can turn around a 98 MPH fastball or take a hanging slider the other way.

Point is, if I'm watching it after the fact, I'm just watching some of the young guys who intrigue me.

since...day 1

in the off topic board there is a thread for those who'd like to to visit Italy. I had a BFnet member visiting me and was such a goodtime.

West Coast game are good for me because i can get up very early and watch live a pair of innings (and those last three days were meaningful innings).

I used to watch every game I was home for until I got married. Then I lost 99% of control of the TV.

Hold it right there. You gave up the remote?? Nobody told you, NEVER concede control of the remote!!?!

I didn't give it up. It was taken from me.

I'll be honest, she wears the pants, but that's one thing I don't negotiate on. If the Crew is on the TV is mine. If she doesn't like it there's another TV in the bedroom

May seem unfair but I have to put up with her constant Grey's Anatomy on Netflix re-runs in return..

Archived