Brewer Fanatic

How much Brewer baseball do you watch?

adambr2

So I was just curious on how much Brewer baseball everyone actually gets to see. With a whopping 162 games a year and about 3 hours to a game, people could be forgiven for not getting to watch all the time, especially this time of year when it's getting nicer.

I personally watch pretty regularly early in the year almost every year, and if I'm being honest, if they're out of it by August I'm a much more casual observer by then, just tuning in occasionally to check out the young players, but more closely following the minors by that point.

I have a job that I regularly work all 3 shifts -- days, 2nd, and overnights, and so if I'm on 2nd, I'm often listening on the radio from work which is nice. Same goes for overnights for the tail end of games or late West coast games.

Otherwise, if I have something going on, I don't worry too much about missing it, I'm not recording and re-watching later or anything, but I'll check in on my phone occasionally during the game to see how they're doing. If I'm at home, I'm watching.

I usually only watch a few innings of a few games a week. But I put almost every game on my tablet and have it on while I'm watching else and keep my eye on it. Maybe put it on big screen if it's a good game. In years past, I'd watch much more. When the team gets a bit better I'm sure I will again.

My wife and I watch pretty religiously. Of course, earlier this season when they hit the skids a bit, I went to do some work on the computer while I had the game on a secondary television. (Full disclosure: it was playing video games, not work.) Anyway, the Brewers started playing well again and so now my wife makes me go play video games if the Brewers are losing or need a rally.

Man, she's the greatest!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

4 or 5 games a week, 75% of the game or so; have been steadily watching since 03 but 2007 to 2012 was peak.

Day games are a challenge to begin watching and west coast games are a challenge to finish. Next week will be tough seeing late night games in SD and day games in Chicago.

I watch about 90% of them, but i DVR every game so i can both watch the games whenever i want and can fast forward through all commercials/other stoppages of play which knocks about 45 minutes off each game. Without the DVR, i'd definitely be unable to watch as many games as i do because of time constraints and because i'm gone sometimes when the game is being played.

Tonight was a prime example. I was gone and didn't get home until about 9pm, but since i taped the game i could watch it all and wiped about 45 minutes off the game time by skipping through all of the commercials.

I watch or listen to every game. I work nights managing a restaurant so we always have it on the radio and usually TV at work, on off nights I watch as well if I'm not down at Miller Park. For day games I tape them and usually get through them in about an hour or so.

It's a lot easier to follow games now than it was when I was a kid in the late '90's.

If I'm home and not outside playing with the kids, I watch as much as I can. And for sure watch after they go to bed around 8:30pm. Watching full games on TV just is not as easy as it was pre-kids four years ago. I also go to 20 or so games a season.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I try to watch a few innings every night after I put my daughter to bed, but it's rare I have an opportunity to watch an entire game unless I'm there in person.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I watch most of the weekday games though sometimes it is streaming on my phone while I do other stuff. I'm usually busy on weekends so I watch fewer of those games.

I don't record them if I'm going to miss them. My phone will tell me what is going on and I'll follow the game that way.

Daily. Off days kill me. I record all games in case I'm not home by then and then catch myself up. Or I'll watch on my phone if I'm somewhere that I can do that.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I usually watch 2-3 hours per day, though minor league stuff for the most part. My six year old and I have fun flipping between the minor league games. He's become a pretty huge Rattlers and Mudcats fan. I saw him running around pretending to be Jake Gatewood the other day. Proud papa.

Was he asking you for an eye exam?

I really wish MILB.tv would get a ROKU app. I suppose I could figure out a way to get it to the TV with VGA or HDMI cables but then its the pain of cable management around the living room.

To answer the question, usually the first half of most weeknight games. I have early work in the morning so even 7 pm starts are too late for me to watch the whole game.

I don't get to watch as many games as I used to. Most of the games I get to watch now are if they are playing a west coast team. The majority of the Brewers game I just listen to on my phone when at work.

Only games I miss are when playing golf interferes. Now that I'm retired I see weekday afternoons too often in person. I'll tune out when the game gets out of hand on the negative side. I don't stay with West coast games too often beyond 5th or 6th inning. I watch from first pitch. Weekends I switch back and forth between game and golf with some Nascar.

Only games I miss are when playing golf interferes. Now that I'm retired I see weekday afternoons too often in person. I'll tune out when the game gets out of hand on the negative side. I don't stay with West coast games too often beyond 5th or 6th inning. I watch from first pitch. Weekends I switch back and forth between game and golf with some Nascar.

Other than the NASCAR part, jealous of so much golf and baseball!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I probably watch about half of about half the games. It's hard because I do a lot of my writing for work at night. Streaming is a godsend, though. I can remember when I was in college in Connecticut, using my body as a secondary antenna to try to hear east coast games through the radio static.

I watch pretty much every game, but only on occasion watch it live. I DVR the games and watch later that night or early the next day. Not always easy to avoid knowing the score! When I do accidentally find out the score I will fast forward through various sections of games
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

If I'm home, I'll have the game on and usually posting in the chat when I get annoyed. Unless it's a playoff game or a game where a top prospect would make their debut, I wouldn't turn down an offer to hang out with friends in favor of the Brewer game. I probably watch a few games a week, some weeks I'll see all the games and other weeks I won't see any. When I don't see the games for a few days I feel WAY out of the loop.

If the Brewers are on TV-they are on my TV. As I get older I typically tap out around 9:30 - 9:45 which causes me to miss the end of most games. This isn't the worst thing in the world as I usually get hyped up at the end of games and then have trouble falling asleep.

Archived