Brewer Fanatic

Braun "likely" to go to the DL

patrickgpe
I was in the camp of "let's bring up Phillips and see what he can do in 10 days" ... but thus far the Sogard call up has resulted in 4-5 with 2 HRs, 3 RBIs, while reaching base 7 out of 8 times between he and Perez. Won us the game yesterday. Stearns 1, LiveforOctober 0.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure it was as much the calf as just having the combo of that plus the arm. Get 10 days off and refresh that body.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sogard is just a journeyman fill-in, but he is easy to root for. And having a great game tonight.

However, I was hoping to see a 10 day preview of a future prospect. Even if the prospect sat for most of the time, it would have been useful to get the jitters out and a taste of the big leagues.

Messing up their routine would hurt them way more than sitting on a big league bench and getting one start would help them. That is what September is for. There is a reason teams don't generally call up prospects for short stints unless they are contending, it is bad for the prospect.

Sogard is just a journeyman fill-in, but he is easy to root for. And having a great game tonight.

However, I was hoping to see a 10 day preview of a future prospect. Even if the prospect sat for most of the time, it would have been useful to get the jitters out and a taste of the big leagues.

Messing up their routine would hurt them way more than sitting on a big league bench and getting one start would help them. That is what September is for. There is a reason teams don't generally call up prospects for short stints unless they are contending, it is bad for the prospect.

Cubs are calling up their top prospect Ian Happ to fill in for Russell and Bryant. As of today Cubs are a half game behind the Brewers.

The Cubs are looking for a short-term replacement on the team after injuries to Addison Russell (shoulder), Jason Heyward (thumb), Jon Jay (back) and Kris Bryant (stomach).

If the Brewers were missing all that, Brinson probably would be up too. Different circumstances than just Braun.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Cubs are calling up their top prospect Ian Happ to fill in for Russell and Bryant. As of today Cubs are a half game behind the Brewers.

Because the Cubs have no in house replacement because they have so many guys banged up. That is a completely different situation. Happ may be up for good too as the Cubs are all in for winning right now and the Brewers are not. They aren't bringing Happ up to get him a taste of the majors, they are doing it to help win now.

Why do we need to call Phillips or Brinson up when we're scoring 10 runs a game with solid production from guys? I know they're shiny and look fantastic but lets not forget Broxton is a pretty shiny piece himself, and Santana is coming around too.

If things stay like they are it wouldn't surprise me if one or more of this core ends up traded for pitching.

Archived