Brewer Fanatic

Braun "likely" to go to the DL

patrickgpe

Kind of surprising. This must mean all of Braun's at bats will be going to Perez and Aguilar I'm assuming?

If we are assuming only a 10 day stint on the DL, is 'not wanting to break up the rhythm' that the top OF prospects have currently a legit excuse not to give one of them 20+ big league at bats right now?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I'm thrilled for Sogard. Hasn't been in MLB since 2015, and has worked incredibly hard to get back. He's hitting .330/.421/.516 in AAA this year

Way to go Eric!!!!! Welcome back to the show!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

There's your veteran grit. I think it signals Perez gets steady work in LF. Maybe Sogard gets a start at SS against a tough RHP?

Hard to argue that Sogard wasn't putting up good numbers. Anyone recall if his deal included an opt-out?

1) if the brewers were going to bring up one of the 3 prospects we talked about and not play them, there is no point.

2) maybe the brewers want to have these players stay in CS and hopefully be in a pennant race all season.

only possible reasons for this move

Personally, I'm thrilled for Sogard. Hasn't been in MLB since 2015, and has worked incredibly hard to get back. He's hitting .330/.421/.516 in AAA this year

Way to go Eric!!!!! Welcome back to the show!

Well that and he signed with the organization whose AAA team with the most hitter friendly environment in baseball for hitters without power. He has a .742OPS on the road, he isnt having some late career breakout or anything.

Whoever got brought up was almost certain to ride the bench until Braun came back so Sogard is as good as anyone else to do that.

Counsell has affinity for bench players and the two guys in struggling the most in the Brewer lineup just happen to play the same positions that Sogard plays. Don't be shocked if he gets some starts. Sogard has more walks than strikeouts. He can be useful.

Community Moderator
Ahem, that is OFFICIAL FACE OF MLB 2014 RUNNER UP Eric Sogard for those of you keeping track at home. If you had any intention of attending an upcoming home game I highly recommend buying tickets now before they sell out & the secondary market goes crazy.

Whoever got brought up was almost certain to ride the bench until Braun came back so Sogard is as good as anyone else to do that.

Counsell has affinity for bench players and the two guys in struggling the most in the Brewer lineup just happen to play the same positions that Sogard plays. Don't be shocked if he gets some starts. Sogard has more walks than strikeouts. He can be useful.

Didn't take long, Sogard starting tonight for Arcia.

Eric Sogard is coming up, ugh.

Puke.

Seriously? The Brewers have two full-time OFs on the roster, and they call up hipster glasses? Dude with a career .609 OPS over >1300 PAs?

Sogard frees up Perez to be a full time outfielder for the time being. Hey we all would like to see young guys get a chance but for the short term they are going with a veteran who is off to a good start. It's not that big a deal.

1) if the brewers were going to bring up one of the 3 prospects we talked about and not play them, there is no point.

2) maybe the brewers want to have these players stay in CS and hopefully be in a pennant race all season.

only possible reasons for this move

Who cares about CS? I thought the Brewers/Mark A were going to buy a minor league franchise and move the AAA team out of CS next year.

Sogard is just a journeyman fill-in, but he is easy to root for. And having a great game tonight.

However, I was hoping to see a 10 day preview of a future prospect. Even if the prospect sat for most of the time, it would have been useful to get the jitters out and a taste of the big leagues.

Sogard is just a journeyman fill-in, but he is easy to root for. And having a great game tonight.

However, I was hoping to see a 10 day preview of a future prospect. Even if the prospect sat for most of the time, it would have been useful to get the jitters out and a taste of the big leagues.

Strongly disagree that Sogard is easy to root for, but strongly agree that it is an optimal chance to get (Brinson/Phillips/Cordell's) feet wet and regular playing time.

For chrissakes, we think Perez is a better OF than Brinson/Phillips/Cordell?

Strongly disagree that Sogard is easy to root for, but strongly agree that it is an optimal chance to get (Brinson/Phillips/Cordell's) feet wet and regular playing time.

For chrissakes, we think Perez is a better OF than Brinson/Phillips/Cordell?

Has nothing to do with that. Perez is there, plays a solid OF and needs the at bats. Why bring a guy up to basically sit the bench and to start service time? Just no need to bring any of those guys up if you don't have to at this point.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Has nothing to do with that. Perez is there, plays a solid OF and needs the at bats. Why bring a guy up to basically sit the bench and to start service time? Just no need to bring any of those guys up if you don't have to at this point.

Its for 10 days. It wont hurt the player or impact service time. I'm just saying there is an argument for calling up a prospect for a short period. He will be going doing when Braun returns but the experience would be useful.

I get that the Brewers are going to show patience here. Us fans are less patient. Probably a good thing we are not in charge. ;)

Archived