Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-10 Red Sox (Kendrick) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10pm CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

homer
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why in the world would you miss out on him for a whole season? I'm not saying you need to bring Brinson up for the rest of the year. A couple weeks up in May isn't going to end up costing a service year. And if you don't prefer Brinson now there's also Phillips and Cordell on the 40.

Anytime you bring up any of those guys, but a guy like Brinson in particular, there is no going back if they end up killing it. There just isn't a scenario right now that you start those clock on May 10th. They'd be better off sticking Perez out there if they put him on the DL.

They called Prince up to DH for a few interleague series and they sent him back down. It has been done and can be done. No excuse for playing a guy who can't throw.

Well we might be getting an answer on the Braun DL debate sooner rather than later.

Kirk N, there's an answer for you.

I would prefer that.

Gross. Why not Wren if you're going to add another outfielder to the 40 again?

Well we might be getting an answer on the Braun DL debate sooner rather than later.

Thames and Perez can handle LF for 10 days IF it happens.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why in the world would you miss out on him for a whole season? I'm not saying you need to bring Brinson up for the rest of the year. A couple weeks up in May isn't going to end up costing a service year. And if you don't prefer Brinson now there's also Phillips and Cordell on the 40.

Anytime you bring up any of those guys, but a guy like Brinson in particular, there is no going back if they end up killing it. There just isn't a scenario right now that you start those clock on May 10th. They'd be better off sticking Perez out there if they put him on the DL.

They called Prince up to DH for a few interleague series and they sent him back down. It has been done and can be done. No excuse for playing a guy who can't throw.

Also if Brinson comes up and kills it and stays up that is not the end of the world. He is plenty safe from accumulating a full service year this year. He would definitely end up being a Super 2 but that's not that big of a deal compared to losing a service year.

What is that, like the 3rd injury for Braun this year? 4th?

You better update your tally board.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

He was already lolly popping throws in from left with the arm, and now has the calf tightness. Would be very surprising IMO if he doesn't go on the DL.

What is that, like the 3rd injury for Braun this year? 4th?

You better update your tally board.

I don't know what you want me to say, there is a reason I really wanted him traded in the off-season with his value up. The guy battles constant nagging injuries and at his age it's going to get worse, not better.

If we had the DH in the NL he'd be an ideal fit as the regular DH but not having that his reliability is going to an ongoing question mark the next 4 years.

Gross. Why not Wren if you're going to add another outfielder to the 40 again?

No one gave me that option.

Well, neither Wren or Nieuwenhuis are on the 40 so I would say one is an option as much as the other .

Yes, Fraklin could too. But they would need another bat on the bench anyhow.

Looking at the 40, it is a good point. The big 3 are the o my ones on the roster. Not sure it's worth clearing a spot for 10 days of Wren or Kirk N

Honestly, my vote would probably be for Phillips. Lefty bat, isn't really the super prospect anymore than Brinson is where you really want to watch his Super 2.

If Brinson comes up I hope it's to play every day.

Am I they only one that is 100% sure that when a balk is called it's an immediate dead ball?

I would have thought so too, but this is the rule:

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/rules/balk

I guess Rock was correct. Maybe high school rules are different but I know I've seen batters hit the ball after a balk is called and the umpire bring him back to the plate.

Am I they only one that is 100% sure that when a balk is called it's an immediate dead ball?

I would have thought so too, but this is the rule:

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/rules/balk

I guess Rock was correct. Maybe high school rules are different but I know I've seen batters hit the ball after a balk is called and the umpire bring him back to the plate.

Pretty obscure, wouldn't surprise me if a HS umpire got it wrong.

Archived