Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-10 Red Sox (Kendrick) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10pm CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

homer
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braun should probably have just been DL'ed when the injury happened. He missed a week anyway and he's playing with a noodle arm now.

Seriously there is no excuse we have some guy in the OF who can barely make a throw from normal depth to the infield. That is a joke and embarassing.

Why is Braun not on the DL? We have great OF prospects in AAA and he's already cost us 3-4 runs defensively this series.

I have no idea. Dude is 33 and is going to need plenty of time off at this stage in his career. The DL has been shortened from 15 to 10, take advantage of it. He could use the time off to heal, no reason to have him try to play through this stuff when he's clearly not close to 100% and we have Brinson or Phillips available.

Why is Braun not on the DL? We have great OF prospects in AAA and he's already cost us 3-4 runs defensively this series.

No, he hasn't.

Seriously there is no excuse we have some guy in the OF who can barely make a throw from normal depth to the infield. That is a joke and embarassing.

He's not "some guy."

Other than not throwing it to the correct base, the play at the plate would've been very close if he was 100% healthy.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Do we really need to try to squeeze one more inning out of Chase here with a runner on 3rd and let him bat? I realize the pen has been beaten up as it is but Chase has labored all night and clearly hasn't had it. I don't have a lot of confidence that he makes it through the 5th anyway.

Do we really need to try to squeeze one more inning out of Chase here with a runner on 3rd and let him bat? I realize the pen has been beaten up as it is but Chase has labored all night and clearly hasn't had it. I don't have a lot of confidence that he makes it through the 5th anyway.

If we had a better pen with some pitchers who realistically could go 2 innings here and there without getting smacked around, I think Counsell would be more inclined there to go with a pinch hitter. Until Stearns provides him a bullpen, I think I'd stick this seasons best pitcher out there again in the 5th too.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

He's not "some guy."

Other than not throwing it to the correct base, the play at the plate would've been very close if he was 100% healthy.

Does it matter? He made a pathetic off balance throw with a crippled arm that barely made it to the infield. I don't see why if he was 100% matters. He knows he isn't anywhere near 100% and didn't have any business throwing it in the direction of homeplate. It was a horrible play.

I don't blame Braun for being crippled and playing RF...but he has all the blame for throwing it home.

If we had a better pen with some pitchers who realistically could go 2 innings here and there without getting smacked around, I think Counsell would be more inclined there to go with a pinch hitter. Until Stearns provides him a bullpen, I think I'd stick this seasons best pitcher out there again in the 5th too.

Season's best pitcher? Yes. Today? Hasn't inspired much confidence. But maybe he'll surprise me here.

But he isn't. That's the point.

So what? It wasn't a guaranteed out. Not even close to one. You're going way over the top on this. He's back in the lineup for his bat. The Brewers need that bat. And obviously with a negative MRI, the Brewers think they can push through this injury.

The Brewers need that bat.

I don't know our offense is pretty good all around this year. Making him play injured doesn't seem very necessary.

No, he hasn't.

He's not "some guy."

Last night the Sox scored three runs in the 5th. A throw from Braun with anything on it would have gotten the guy at the plate. The other two runs scored with two outs. That's 3 runs right there. And that play tonight is perhaps the 4th run.

So what? It wasn't a guaranteed out. Not even close to one. You're going way over the top on this. He's back in the lineup for his bat. The Brewers need that bat. And obviously with a negative MRI, the Brewers think they can push through this injury.

Saying a 33 year old frequently injured player who missed a week with injury and clearly isn't an effective left fielder at this point should have gone on the DL isn't way over the top at all. It's probably very true, especially when your best prospect is an MLB ready outfielder.

Saying a 33 year old frequently injured player who missed a week with injury and clearly isn't an effective left fielder at this point should have gone on the DL isn't way over the top at all. It's probably very true, especially when your best prospect is an MLB ready outfielder.

So you want to possibly miss out on having your best prospect for a whole season because you brought him up earlier than you needed to this season? Doesn't sound all that smart for our franchise to me.

I don't know our offense is pretty good all around this year. Making him play injured doesn't seem very necessary.

Didn't seem to score too many runs when he wasn't in the lineup.

So you want to possibly miss out on having your best prospect for a whole season because you brought him up earlier than you needed to this season? Doesn't sound all that smart for our franchise to me.

Why in the world would you miss out on him for a whole season? I'm not saying you need to bring Brinson up for the rest of the year. A couple weeks up in May isn't going to end up costing a service year. And if you don't prefer Brinson now there's also Phillips and Cordell on the 40.

Why in the world would you miss out on him for a whole season? I'm not saying you need to bring Brinson up for the rest of the year. A couple weeks up in May isn't going to end up costing a service year. And if you don't prefer Brinson now there's also Phillips and Cordell on the 40.

+1

We also had a .500 road trip without him, so it's not like we're throwing up the white flag if we put him on the dl.

Anytime you bring up any of those guys, but a guy like Brinson in particular, there is no going back if they end up killing it. There just isn't a scenario right now that you start those clock on May 10th. They'd be better off sticking Perez out there if they put him on the DL.

Anytime you bring up any of those guys, but a guy like Brinson in particular, there is no going back if they end up killing it. There just isn't a scenario right now that you start those clock on May 10th. They'd be better off sticking Perez out there if they put him on the DL.

I just don't really agree, I cant think of a recent example but I know Prince in 2005 was up in June for a few weeks, hit very well and was sent back til later that year.

Even this early, I'd bet a lot that one of Brinson, Phillips or Cordell would be coming up if Braun went on the DL. Maybe not Brinson but I'd be shocked if they did something different and just rolled with Perez every night in left.

Brewers dead last in MLB in Quality Starts. Whether you hate that stat or not, I think it's telling. 9, and I bet almost all were over that 2 week period in April.

Can you even fathom any of these guys giving you 7 strong, much less a CG?

What a fun team to watch. Nice to seen Broxton in a groove right now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

He's smoked it all 3 times tonight. Only benefited once, but hopefully they can put together a nice inning .

Archived