Brewer Fanatic

What could Braun bring from anyone? (2017 version)

pete

That would be the assumption but what do we really know, we don't know him. Maybe in their talks he said he's open to consider anything and reserves the right to say No later when the situation is presented to him. Maybe he said he'd like to get to a winner and to the AL before he's too old to be a major contributor. Jabronis like us don't really know what they've talked about.

I'd think TX, NYY, and Bos would all make more sense in the offseason than at deadline though. But who knows, all have nearly unlimited budgets. TX at least plays the Angels three times a year in LA too and he knows a few guys on the team.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be the assumption but what do we really know, we don't know him.

There was a pretty legitimate that his preferences were #1 Dodgers #2 Brewers #3 the rest. Ryan Braun isn't interested in any benefits to waive the no trade protection. At one point he sounded like, if it made sense for him still, he would do it if the Brewers if they really wanted to trade him. Still making sense probably means still out west and I highly doubt anywhere on the east coast.

No idea, but I know I'm 100% on board with him being traded, if we can get even a decent package in return. I'm confident enough in our OF depth, between Perez, Brinson, Phillips, and Cordell.

Yea that all makes sense. But again, we don't 'know' that, it's just speculation and who knows how much gray area he left to it all. He could've easily said essentially that as his preference, but present him with the scenarios and he'll decide at the time since things can change. More lingering injuries like he's having could make him come around to AL, if the team was playing terrible could make him open to something else, if the team he'd be going to is a clear cut title fave or contender, etc.

lock this thread down...there is nothing more to be said.

Maybe not right now, but until they actually trade him or come out and say they're not, Braun trade speculation will remain.

The fact the Brewers look pretty decent and might be able to compete sometime in the next 4 years really doesn't help matters of getting him to prefer elsewhere. SO BOOM. Something new to be said.

Plus there might be something brewing between him, Counsell, Mark A and Bernie himself. Just speculating but they all four might have a lot of stuff festering between them. I'm on the edge of my seat to see this thing play out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Braun's trade value is dead in the water anyway until he can actually establish himself as healthy for an extended period of time. I see he made it a whole 2 games this time coming off his latest injury before needing to be out of the lineup again.

Braun's trade value is dead in the water anyway until he can actually establish himself as healthy for an extended period of time. I see he made it a whole 2 games this time coming off his latest injury before needing to be out of the lineup again.

Agreed. Braun isn't going to generate any value from the training table.

He is just an injury prone guy at this point in his career and as he gets older it's very likely only going to get worse.

Our window closed after last August and that's that. We are stuck with him.

He is just an injury prone guy at this point in his career and as he gets older it's very likely only going to get worse.

This is tired. We are stuck with a guy who has done nothing but hit his entire career and has not shown signs of slowing down from a hitting standpoint. Sure he has his injuries but we only know for sure that Puig and McCarthy were part of the Dodgers offer and I would rather have kept Braun than take on Puig. What prospects were included is purely speculative.

Braun is not hampering the payroll nor is he inhibiting Brinson, Phillips or any other OF prospect from coming up. If the Brewers are competing in the next 2-3 years, I would rather have a 34-35 year old Braun and Brinson in the lineup than Puig/Broxton and Brinson.

I think something that hasn't been discussed is that I can see Braun retiring before becoming a guy that just hangs around on the DL. If he truly is going to be so frequently injured where he missed 60-100 games a year, I can see him saying that it isn't worth it and going to spend time with his family. Seems to be a big factor in his life ever since having children.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Pipe dream. Only way we get out of it is if he hurts something that knocks him out of the game. Which I hope doesn't happen regardless of how much of a roadblock he might be to the team(not saying I think it will happen...just the chances are somewhat high).

This is tired. We are stuck with a guy who has done nothing but hit his entire career and has not shown signs of slowing down from a hitting standpoint. Sure he has his injuries but we only know for sure that Puig and McCarthy were part of the Dodgers offer and I would rather have kept Braun than take on Puig. What prospects were included is purely speculative.

Braun is not hampering the payroll nor is he inhibiting Brinson, Phillips or any other OF prospect from coming up. If the Brewers are competing in the next 2-3 years, I would rather have a 34-35 year old Braun and Brinson in the lineup than Puig/Broxton and Brinson.

I'm not saying the LA trade was a good trade. Puig has little to no value to the Brewers. Without knowing the prospects no one knows if it was a valuable deal.

I'm saying the Brewers aren't trading Braun for anything of value unless they eat the bulk of the contract. That is not tired because this whole thread is a wish list of elite prospects when that was never going to happen for Braun.

The entire league sees him as a 2 WAR player at best who now can't stay on the field which means he will be a sub 2 WAR guy going forward. No amount of mathematical slight of hand will change that zero teams see him as 2012 Braun or even a 4 WAR guy annually for a meaningful portion of his contract.

As a DH that changes but his no trade contract severely limits his market.

The guy was a great player and I suppose one could make the argument that his contract has baked in with past performance rather than a statement that he will play well down the road.

He isn't blocking anyone this year and at $57 million our payroll can afford him without question. I do think it's reasonable that he will be blocking someone next year though and he is very likely going to be a liability in 2019 and that's with Brinson, Ray, and Philips possibly being mainstays with Broxton.

I think something that hasn't been discussed is that I can see Braun retiring before becoming a guy that just hangs around on the DL. If he truly is going to be so frequently injured where he missed 60-100 games a year, I can see him saying that it isn't worth it and going to spend time with his family. Seems to be a big factor in his life ever since having children.

Sorry to laugh, but we're now down to being optimistic that Braun will retire early because he seems like such a great guy and hero that he'll just leave the game altogether to spend time with his family?

Maybe until he is ready to walk away from the game and leave millions on the table, Braun will be nice enough to waive his no-trade clause also if his die-hard fans simply sends him some nice emails asking him to?

"And if it's not asking too much, could you also turn this water into wine and get Tim Tebow's autograph for me? Thanks Ryan. You're the best!"

:laughing LOL

Embarrassing. Dude can't even last a a couple innings.

I guess I'm confused on this. What's embarrassing about it? Disappointing or frustrating that he can't play but embarrasing is a weird way to put it. I doubt Braun wants to continue to be hurt.

I guess I'm confused on this. What's embarrassing about it? Disappointing or frustrating that he can't play but embarrasing is a weird way to put it. I doubt Braun wants to continue to be hurt.

Well for Stearns if it continues to trend like this.

Well for Stearns if it continues to trend like this.

Oh gotcha. Yeah if there truly was a good deal on the table, and we'll probably never know, and Braun never does heal up than it's a big mistake on Stearns part to not dump him. But like you said in the post above, too early.

Archived