Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-09 Red Sox (Pomeranz) at Brewers (Peralta) 6:40pm CDT (Brewers win 11 - 7)

homer
I think Broxton is out of his early season slump.

He's suddenly got an OPS of .812.

Yes, he's been hitting well of late and he should be batting leadoff.

I said that two nights ago to a friend ... Villar needs to take some pressure off of himself. Flip Broxton and Villar for a week.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those like me out of state, it's been a blast hearing Jerry Remy reminiscing about the great battles between his Red Sox and great Brewer teams for whom he has great respect. It indeed was a special time Jerry for fans as well as players.

Jimmy Foxx? 1930s?

Correct well done. Also Lefty Grove won the inaugural award in 1931.

1950s is Jackie Jensen in 1958, led the league in RBIs that must have been enough

Foxx put up some amazing numbers.

I might be wrong, but I think he is the only player to hit 50 or more HRs for two different teams (which were Philadelphia and Boston).

McGwire did it with OAK and StL

Foxx put up some amazing numbers.

I might be wrong, but I think he is the only player to hit 50 or more HRs for two different teams (which were Philadelphia and Boston).

ARod with TEX and NYY

That might be it, maybe Thome but I will say he didnt

You know, I'm not asking for a lot here. Not asking for the best bullpen in baseball. Just one that I can think, 'You know what, I may as well go to bed, they got this,' when they have an 11-5 lead in the 8th.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
We are going to need more bullpen guys. Our top players are throwing a lot of innings. Knebel, Torres, Feliz and Barnes have been in 1/2 of our games - or more - already this year. They can't keep up that pace.

Marinez is bucking to get designated. I'm not screaming to do it - but he doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

I wouldn't be hurt by it. There are some relievers knocking on the door in AAA like Wang, Blazek, and Cravy. Even if they don't promote any of them, you'd have to think they need to clear some space eventually for Woodruff and Hader this season.

I was thinking he only hit 49 his rookie year. But yes, 52 in 1996. Well done.

I should have guessed ARod

I think we have them all, but a neat technically wrong answer is Mays with NYG and SFG

As long as we can count on Knebel for 2 innings every single game of the season our pen should be just fine.

It's going to be highway robbery (again) when the Brewers trade him for some nice players and his arm falls off before he can pitch much for them.

Archived