Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Monday 5/8 - Big Leaguers Idle, Join Us Here

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Monday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Colorado Springs: LHP Josh Hader at home vs. Fresno (Astros), 7:10 PM pre-game, 7:40 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Dan Karcher, the longtime play-by-play voice of the Sky Sox is on Twitter @SkySoxKarch; joining him again this season is Dan Acheson (@Dan_Acheson)

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; all Colorado Springs games, home and away, will be available to watch via MiLB.TV's $49.99 season-long package ($12.99 to pay for a single month). The audio feed is from the home team. The video of each game is archived online, which is a nice feature. All MiLB.TV details available at the link.

NOTE: Notice that on MiLB.TV's page, you can click on "Filter", then "Milwaukee Brewers", and you'll see just the Crew's organizational TV lineup.

Biloxi: RHP Angel Ventura at Jacksonville (Marlins), 5:45 PM pre-game, 6:05 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Chris Harris is the play-by-play voice of the Shuckers. Follow Chris on Twitter @CHarris731. We'll be linking to his fantastic "Shuck Dynasty" blog. Erik Bremer (@Erik_Bremer) joins Chris often. All games, home and away, are scheduled to be radio broadcast.

MiLB.TV - Eight of the ten Southern League teams telecast their home games, and Biloxi is among them. Only games in Chattanooga and Mobile won't be available.

Carolina: Idle

Wisconsin: RHP Braden Webb at Fort Wayne (Padres), 5:45 PM pre-game, 6:05 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Chris Mehring is back to do his customary fantastic work as the Voice of the Rattlers. Follow him on Twitter @CMehring; we'll link to Chris' infamous blog often -- Rattler Radio.

MiLB.TV - Eight of the 16 Midwest League teams telecast their home games, and Wisconsin, once again, is among them. We'll let you know when a road TV feed is available.

In 2017, fifteen games will be broadcast on Spectrum Sports in Wisconsin, available on channel 32 and in HD on channel 1332. We'll keep you posted with our "DVR Alerts" days in advance.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Look for these just prior to the respective game times --

Colorado Springs Media Notes - Linked on the Sky Sox official blog

Biloxi Media Notes - Linked on the Shuck Dynasty blog

Wisconsin Media Notes - Linked on the Rattler Radio blog

STANDINGS:

AAA - Pacific Coast League American Northern Division

AA - Southern League South Division

High-A - Carolina League Southern Division

A - Midwest League Western Division

Sortable individual stat pages:

Colorado Springs

Biloxi

Carolina

Wisconsin

Weather.com:

Colorado Springs, CO

Jacksonville, FL

Fort Wayne, IN

Clark & Ray have both been steadily dropping their K rate. Clark has a 113 wRC+ 2nd highest on team. With all the Ray criticism as of late he has outperformed Erceg. Erceg is struggling bad but people tend to overlook that. His OPS is sub .600. Hopefully he will get hot soon. Really encouraged though with how Clark & Ray have been turning it around. Hopefully come late May/June they are rolling.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Clark & Ray have both been steadily dropping their K rate. Clark has a 113 wRC+ 2nd highest on team. With all the Ray criticism as of late he has outperformed Erceg. Erceg is struggling bad but people tend to overlook that. His OPS is sub .600. Hopefully he will get hot soon. Really encouraged though with how Clark & Ray have been turning it around. Hopefully come late May/June they are rolling.

Yah Isan Diaz was the story of the year, everyone loves him, and he flew up prospect rankings. All that and he was absolutely terrible in April/May last year. Patience my friends.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yah Isan Diaz was the story of the year, everyone loves him, and he flew up prospect rankings. All that and he was absolutely terrible in April/May last year. Patience my friends.

Exactly.

Ray had an OPS under .600 his first month last year. Then it was over .800 his second month. A little time. I'm not saying I don't care or don't get worried when a player underperforms. I just want to give it some time.

Another day, another dissapointing start for Hader. Was having a solid game until his control went downhill in the 5th inning and then failed to even record an out in the 6th inning. From what he has shown this year not much of a believer he is our much wanted TOR pitcher.

Another day, another dissapointing start for Hader. Was having a solid game until his control went downhill in the 5th inning and then failed to even record an out in the 6th inning. From what he has shown this year not much of a believer he is our much wanted TOR pitcher.

Weird, I saw his stats and was thrilled with the great outing.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

FINAL: Biloxi 7, Jacksonville 5

Ventura, season-high 15 hits lead to Shuckers win on Monday

Angel allowed no earned runs over six innings to pick up first win

AUDIO: Game highlights

Biloxi Box Score

Shuckers and Jumbo Shrimp, gotta love it...thank you Chris Harris for the appetizing graphics --

C_U1vOpW0AASNYh.jpg

C_U1P_DXcAALgfh.jpg

Toby (And That) and I have traded reminders recently that both RHP Angel Ventura and C Dustin Houle are scheduled for minor league free agency this fall, barring 40-man roster additions or negotiations to sign for another minor league season. I could see Ventura agreeing to another minor league pact, perhaps swayed by a big league camp invite, but Houle's agent will know he'll be in demand as a just-turned 24-year-old who has had his development curve impacted by injuries but shined in big league camp this spring. Houle (.293) singled twice and drove in two here, and it's now tough to justify Jacob Nottingham getting the lion's share of playing time over Houle at this point.

Biloxi Game Log

Six Shuckers had multi-hit games, led by Mauricio Dubon's 3-for-5 night, thank goodness, at least for now, these guys have righted the offensive ship - man, was it ugly for a few weeks there, but pretty as of late.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Colorado Springs 12, Fresno 5

Four-Run Frames Fuel 12-5 Sox Victory

Brett Phillips tallies four RBIs in rainy affair

By Robby Veronesi / Colorado Springs Sky Sox

04_06_0073_pk_z66u99x4_rc9wy8o8.jpg

Brett Phillips drove in four of the 12 Sky Sox runs Monday night against the Fresno Grizzlies. (Paat Kelly photo)

Miserable conditions, especially late in the game, which was delayed over two hours at the start, and you know Fresno and the Astros' staff can't wait to bail out on the Springs' after Tuesday's matinee; that's an underrated part of the Sky Sox success, the Brewers and their talent have had three years to figure out the conditions at elevation -- 21-year-old Houston top prospect RHP Francis Martes and the rest of the Grizzlies were overwhelmed again.

Colorado Springs Box Score

Another 19 baserunners for the Sky Sox, who were 7-for-14 with RISP; Tyler Heineman, Kyle Wren, Nick Noonan and Ivan De Jesus, Jr. were bench players and stayed dry in this designated-hitter game (Captain Kirk the DH). Team currently with 12 pitchers, 13 position players. Adam McCalvy updates us on catcher Rene Garcia, injured at Miller Park in the final big league exhibition game, but there's no room at the inn, and fellow backstop Adam Weisenburger is already on the Helena paper roster after appearing in only two first-week games.

Colorado Springs Game Log

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Wisconsin 2, Fort Wayne 0

Rattlers Start Road Trip with a Win

Webb & Roegner combine on five-hit shutout at Fort Wayne

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Please read the always well-written recap linked above, and then you'll know how big the 8th inning happening for 3B Jose Cuas you'll see below was:

VIDEO: Brief highlights via Fort Wayne's WANE, including the Wisconsin go-ahead run

Wisconsin Box Score

Rattlers win on just six hits, failed to draw a walk as well...

Wisconsin Game Log

RHP Braden Webb and LHP Cameron Roegner combined to fan 12, get 10 ground ball outs, while walking only two -- yeah, that'll work...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

It's a noontime Tuesday game to entertain you from Colorado Springs.

Link Report coverage will continue for yours truly, but from Milwaukee, as I'm coming in for the Wednesday night and Thursday noon games vs. the Red Sox. My buddies here in Link Report land will help out, particularly with my turn at Biloxi coverage, but between the hotel and airports, I should be able to chime in and follow along.

Really looking forward to the visit, best way to reach me is via Twitter @Mass_Haas if you want to say hello and if there's a chance to meet up. Fellow Brewerfan'ers, media members, any random Attanasio, etc. :)

Until then, DingDong!

CQCAgodWwAAe1pK.jpg

Matt Ramsey gave up a run, but looked impressive. Nice, tight 12-6 curveball (he throws at a pretty high arm slot), and fastballs in the middle 90s. There's something there.

Angels Ventura's mechanics are still all overly complicated, and he gets out of whack at times, but he looked pretty good last night as well.

Fresno's team ERA was 5.36 before the Sky Sox series began. It's now 6.13. That's quite the jump, even in early May.

Weird, I saw his stats and was thrilled with the great outing.

Low hits and the K total is nice. Rest was a disaster. Another start where control/command weren't there and at times pretty bad. Cherry on top was the inability to go 6 innings.

Archived