Brewer Fanatic

2017-05-06: Brewers (Garza) at Pirates (Cole) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1, 10 innings]

hawing
This is old news at this point but did anyone else question why Harrison wasn't walked to set up the double play at the end?

As he was stepping up to the plate I told my sister "Hey, have you seen the new intentional walk rule .. check this, they will walk him here." Then watched a first pitch walk off...

If they were going to walk Harrison, they should've walked Bell too. He's been hot.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is old news at this point but did anyone else question why Harrison wasn't walked to set up the double play at the end?

As he was stepping up to the plate I told my sister "Hey, have you seen the new intentional walk rule .. check this, they will walk him here." Then watched a first pitch walk off...

If they were going to walk Harrison, they should've walked Bell too. He's been hot.

That would've been the correct move, no?

The only danger in walking them both is now you set it up for a possible walkoff walk or HBP. Which with Feliz is a valid concern.

But I agree that doing nothing and just pitching to Harrison with a drawn in infield and first base open isn't the right call IMO. Crazy as it may sound I would have just loaded them and taken a shot at McCutcheon who has been ice cold for a long time. Plus he is a big strikeout candidate.

At the very least you need to put someone on first so you can play your normal infield and try to get out of it with a ground ball .

This team needs Braun back in a hurry. We see the importance of him in a hurry.

This is now his 7th straight game out of the lineup. In retrospect keeping him day to day and not just putting him on the 10 day from the get go and calling up one of our multiple great OF prospect options was probably not the right decision. It would have saved us from a short bench and the amount of Nick Franklin playing time we've seen since then.

Archived