Brewer Fanatic

I Can't Believe the Standings

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers fans fearful of winning. Imagine that.

No one is fearful of winning, that's ridiculous. It's about planning and investing wisely. Many believe it better to plan and invest in the team 2-3 years down the line rather than sell some of the future to invest in this current team.

It's all about which team you think is more likely to win. Nothing is for certain, this year or in the future. But most would say the odds of fielding a true contender are higher in a couple years than it is right now.

I really wouldn't try to speak for all when you claim it's ridiculous. I can't tell you how many people I've heard say oh it's great that they're winning but what about the rebuild or how does this effect the rebuild? Like they can't co-exist. It's nonesense on every thought. There are only so many spots for all these players. Just because you were to send talent away doesn't stop you from still acquiring it. If this team is in the hunt in a month and does nothing about their bullpen it is a damn shame. We make every excuse for why the Cubs aren't winning etc.. but this Brewers team is winning without Braun, their best hitter. They played with a gimpy Thames and a missing Shaw. Villar hasn't been he same as a year ago and is now hurt. Broxton was worthless for over a month. The list goes on and on and yet they keep fighting and staying upfront. Just about every time we want to call it a season on these guys and say see, they are who we thought they were, they go win a handful of games and shut people up.

Yet you do the same thing when you make a comment like "Brewers fans fearful of winning." Stop the hypocritical nonsense please.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I really wouldn't try to speak for all when you claim it's ridiculous. I can't tell you how many people I've heard say oh it's great that they're winning but what about the rebuild or how does this effect the rebuild? Like they can't co-exist. It's nonesense on every thought. There are only so many spots for all these players. Just because you were to send talent away doesn't stop you from still acquiring it. If this team is in the hunt in a month and does nothing about their bullpen it is a damn shame. We make every excuse for why the Cubs aren't winning etc.. but this Brewers team is winning without Braun, their best hitter. They played with a gimpy Thames and a missing Shaw. Villar hasn't been he same as a year ago and is now hurt. Broxton was worthless for over a month. The list goes on and on and yet they keep fighting and staying upfront. Just about every time we want to call it a season on these guys and say see, they are who we thought they were, they go win a handful of games and shut people up.

Yet you do the same thing when you make a comment like "Brewers fans fearful of winning." Stop the hypocritical nonsense please.

lol buzz off man. Never did I say ALL Brewers fans. Go bark up another tree with your nonsense.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Well maybe the Cubs are experiencing that been there done that hunger let down. They have a World Series ring, they've been dynasty talk since before it even happened, so the drive isnt there. The players show up and expect they'll win, or they'll be so great for a month and take 1st by 5+ games. LA and Wash seem to frequent that 90+ division win almost yearly and Wash had some dud years. Overconfidence. I think it hit Villar with the extension offer too.

Meanwhile the rest of the Brewers, a bunch of castoffs with no real expectations to win have the drive to do so. It means more to them.

This team can continue on in first place. Theres such a flow of power hitters, it is hard to get in a funk when like tonight Broxton and Thames step up. Shaw, Santana, even Braun. Arcia has been steadily improving. Hes the one Homegrown batthats a part of this. Hes fitting in at this young age, and gaining confidence. I believe the team can stay amidst the division lead in to September. And weve got adjustments being made in the bullpen. Almost had a Woodruff start.

Can anyone remember the last time the Brewers won three straight games against the Cardinals? Seems like forever.

That felt good.

I concur!

Happen in 2014 the last time. Thought it would've been longer.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Not to be a reality check on the optimism, but I think in order to make the playoffs this year, the Brewers are going to have to win the NL Central. They are currently 6 games back of the 2nd wild card spot.

I don't doubt that the Brewers look like at least the 2nd best team in the NL Central this season which is exciting, but do Brewer fans really believe that they will be able to hold of the defending WS Champ Chicago Cubs for the next 3 and 1/2 months to win the division?

That Rockies team is going to collapse in the 2nd half. The Wild Card is still open. Too many young pitchers who tend to wear down later in seasons.

I could see the staff wearing down, but they do have a plethora of arms to somewhat nullify that. Gray is coming back fresh soon and Bettis will be there just to soak up some innings.

I was wrong about a lot of things this year but was bullish on the Rockies prior to this season. If they can stay relatively healthy, I think they're legit all year. They've got about 8 pitchers that they are spreading the load on and they will probably pick up another modest vet to soak up some innings down the stretch.

Back to the Cubs, I still think they'll take the division somewhat easily, but it seems as though playing Schwarber in place of Fowler essentially coupled with all of their veterans in the starting staff decaying a bit has led to A LOT more runs given up. Take away the elite defense and now Kyle Hendricks is rightfully "just a guy" again.

If the Brewers are going to make the playoffs, it'll be by winning the NL Central. I still think the odds are quite long but not impossible given what I'm seeing from the Cubs.

Rockies have also been doing this with CarGo doing nothing. Story doing nothing as well, but who knows if last year was a fluke with him. Gonzales turning it on could make up for the refression a guy like Reynolds has to have coming

At what point of the season do we start thinking, "Hey now... something is happening?"

I'm thinking Memorial Day for, "ok, its getting VERY interesting..."

Father's day for, "Ok, now its real"

and 4th of July for, "WS or bust!!!" ;)

Happy Father's Day. Let's get real.

Rockies have also been doing this with CarGo doing nothing. Story doing nothing as well, but who knows if last year was a fluke with him. Gonzales turning it on could make up for the refression a guy like Reynolds has to have coming

They also have Dahl on the shelf, who, if CarGo is done may take over as the All-Star caliber bat in the OF over there. That said, Dahl may not come back this year the way his injury is progressing.

I don't know if Reynolds is going to regress much (but I get what you're saying). His numbers may come down at Coors a bit, but he actually performed worse than I'd have thought there last year.

Reynolds is hitting .266/.345/.403/.765 on the road this year which is just barely above what one would expect. His 1.146 OPS at Coors will probably drop into the .950 range eventually.

It is purely the pitching to me. That rotation is going to collapse in the second half. They all have played over their heads except Anderson and that teams pitchers tend to wear down as a rule with all the travel and the high elevation and park. Out of those 3 NL West teams they have the worst run differential as well. I just don't think that team is going to last. They may sneak into the last wild card spot but some team will make them work for it.

It is purely the pitching to me. That rotation is going to collapse in the second half. They all have played over their heads except Anderson and that teams pitchers tend to wear down as a rule with all the travel and the high elevation and park. Out of those 3 NL West teams they have the worst run differential as well. I just don't think that team is going to last. They may sneak into the last wild card spot but some team will make them work for it.

Senzatela and Tyler Anderson are the only 2 pitchers in their top 7 rotation that weren't top 100 prospects at a certain point and oddly enough, those are the 2 pitchers they have that probably had the best minor league stats (both had ~2.50 ERAs through the minors).

Chatwood has known massive H/R splits but is otherwise good.

I get that they could cool down given rookie wall and elevation/travel issues, but they also have a lights out bullpen and one of the best defenses in baseball which are huge.

The lineup Counsell puts out there every night compares with any around the league and that's without Braun. This was not a bad team at the end of 2016 and they've added top line offense in Shaw, Thames and Aguilar. With improving Arcia and some help from prospects arriving, if you're not on the bandwagon, where are you?

The lineup Counsell puts out there every night compares with any around the league and that's without Braun. This was not a bad team at the end of 2016 and they've added top line offense in Shaw, Thames and Aguilar. With improving Arcia and some help from prospects arriving, if you're not on the bandwagon, where are you?

They're busy demanding we sell high on anyone producing so we can be the Philadelphia 76ers of baseball.

They're busy demanding we sell high on anyone producing so we can be the Philadelphia 76ers of baseball.

We aren't a 100 win team and the division is "too good" around us. We must sell until this magical 60-100 win timing happens as the rest of the division is down. We also must trade anyone who doesn't have 6 years of control.

Archived