Brewer Fanatic

Milone DFA'd; Scahill's contract purchased

It will be interesting to see what happens when Guerra comes back.
You're right, who leaves?

what will be more interesting is determining how much longer the brewers will go with a 13-man pitching staff. with ryan braun out for the short term, they're playing with a three-man bench.

Milone had one good start in Wrigley against the Cubs. The pen blew that one. It's more about getting a capable major league bullpen arm to bolster the pen than it is an indictment of Milone. Scahill was right. I think we will even see him in some high leverage situations. Nelson better turn things around or he'll find himself in Colorado Springs when Guerra returns.

Scahill never really said anything out of line, that was Cravy. Scahill more or less just said he was upset because he thought he had earned a spot. Not a big deal.

Can't blame him for that, given how he pitched. And given how he has pitched for the Sky Sox, he's prety much proved his take was correct.

Counsell said Milone needs to start and may be in rotation at AAA. Who's getting bumped from the rotation? Can't wait to see those box scores...put him at AA so he can build up his confidence and dominate then trade him.

Counsell said Milone needs to start and may be in rotation at AAA. Who's getting bumped from the rotation? Can't wait to see those box scores...put him at AA so he can build up his confidence and dominate then trade him.

Isn't he kind of speaking out of turn? We don't even know if Milone will clear waivers yet. Lot of rotation desperate teams out there -- Mets and Angels in particular.

If he starts in AAA, it'll be one of the filler starters getting bumped. Hader and Woodruff are plenty safe.

I would have rather they brought up Lopez instead of Scahill. Nothing against Scahill but its time to see what Lopez can do. He has dominated AA and it looks like the Brewers will avoid CS for him so why not bring him up to relieve?

Because they want to keep him stretched out to start. He may be the leading legit prospect candidate to get a rotation spot at some point. After continued struggles by some current starters, injuries, or whatever happens on or before July 31st I imagine he gets a chance for some MLB starts before season's end.

I never understood that argument. Was Milone in the minors being stretched out to start? No. He was our long man, who could give us a start in a pinch. Between now and June, Lopez could fill that role. I'm sure he would maintain his "strechiness" for at least a month.

If we need a starter after June, we will have Hader, Woodruff, Guerra, Ortiz, T. Williams (or even Wilkerson, Espino, Burgos) that we could use. I think it would be useful to get a few of the lower prospect pitchers to the ML bullpen to see what they can do. If we decide he needs to be stretched out he could always be sent to the minors later once the rest of the crop gets called up.

Its been a long time since we have had this many pitching prospects close to the majors. It would be nice to see as many of them as we can. Not all of them will be able to start.

Milone claimed by the Mets

No surprise and good news in that we just saved over a million bucks.

I wonder how much of his waiver placement timing was strategic by Stearns knowing the dire straits of the Mets rotation and wanting to get him off the books.

Wow. Stearns off the hook with that signing. A million bucks while in baseball terms is light, still have be used elsewhere.

And it gaurentees that he won't be pitching anymore for us. Win-win!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wow. Stearns off the hook with that signing. A million bucks while in baseball terms is light, still have be used elsewhere.

I agree. A million dollars is a lot of money. In terms of team salary it might be a drop in the bucket ... but maybe Mark A. can greenlight another upgrade at Miller Park because of the gift the Mets just gave us. Improving the ballpark with the million will help this franchise/city long term more so than if Milone pitched in our minor league system for 4 more months. Great day!

How about the $1mil is used for Tommy Millone free parking night.

Parking is getting really expensive at MP

Park at the bars close to the stadium and jump on the free shuttle buses. I did that a couple weekends ago. Was fun. But yes I agree.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Mets are pretty desperate for pitching given their starting staff is the walking wounded right now, so I'm not shocked they picked him up even if it's just to east some innings. Even on a small market squad, $1 million is chump change for kicking the tires on a SP. It didn't work out and you move on. If we're talking trade chips before the deadline, Garza is the one you hope pitches well enough to at least get a spare batting cage replacement wheel level prospect or two for a rental in a couple of months. http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/44.gif

How about the $1mil is used for Tommy Millone free parking night.

Parking is getting really expensive at MP

Park at the bars close to the stadium and jump on the free shuttle buses. I did that a couple weekends ago. Was fun. But yes I agree.

I do that every time I go to a game now. Quicker out and cheaper.

I am happy they got some cash consideration for Millone. I just didn't think he was very good.

Yea I had to pay for parking on gameday for the first time in like 7 years a couple Sundays ago. Was shocked to see $25 for it, wow. Paying the $10 parking per game with season tickets might be the best value they offer.

I agree. A million dollars is a lot of money. In terms of team salary it might be a drop in the bucket ... but maybe Mark A. can greenlight another upgrade at Miller Park because of the gift the Mets just gave us. Improving the ballpark with the million will help this franchise/city long term more so than if Milone pitched in our minor league system for 4 more months. Great day!

Given how many teams are buying their minor league affiliates maybe it would be wise to use that money to buy a AAA club. I did a little looking, according the Forbes the most expensive AAA team was valued at $49 Million in 2016. While a million saved is not all that much comparatively speaking that is for the most expensive minor league team. Most of the teams on the list turn a profit as well so some of the money is recuperated. A million should be a sizable chunk of the upfront money needed to get the financing needed to acquire a team.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived