Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-29: Braves (Garcia) at Brewers (Nelson) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-3]

adambr2
Good year to figure out what we have, or in most cases: don't have, in this year's pitchers. Gotta think there will be some changes in due time.

Change what, though? This has been a failure of the franchise for years -- developing pitching. This farm has exactly one ace (Sheets) and one solid #2 (Gallardo) to show for decades of development. I don't know where the problem is or why but it's obviously the root of our problems. We can't just play 'rent an ace' every few years and unload the farm to a different team that actually can develop pitching. It's not a good or sustainable business model.

I have high hopes for Hader and Woodruff, but if they just end up like what we have with Nelson and Peralta, we're still going nowhere.

I've been critical over the years of wasting our resources buying middle of the rotation guys in free agency, but hell, we can't even develop good middle of the rotation guys.

That's what I mean. We finally will be able to have a lot of arms to throw at the MLB team; some will stick and some won't, some will go to bullpen roles after not making it as starters and hopefully we have at least some mid-to-top rotation guys out of the whole group. Granted, it's not going to happen in one season but really -- the pitching sucks. It annoys the crap out of me but at this point it almost feels like "it is what it is" until we have guys that are for sure ready to be out of the minors and in the majors.

Archived