Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-28: Braves (Colon) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-8]

hawing
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Who has a list of free agent starting pitchers for next year? It seems to me that if we can add a couple of frontline starters to this offense, we may be competing sooner than anyone thought. Why not, we should have a ton of cash to spend, right?

Off the top of my head I know Arrieta and Cueto are the best available .

Cueto needs to opt out - which he'll do if he plays well.

There's also Yu Darvish and Masahiro Tanaka (assuming Tanaka opts out of his contract - not a given if he has a poor year).

Torres has basically sucked all season. Time to move on.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Great, so the Brewers will lose this game after leading for most of it because this bullpen is so putrid. I guess if we're going for another high draft pick, this is really the way to lose the game but damn it's frustrating.

How do you not address the pen with what they are seeing from this offense? To often Brewers management allows horrendous pitching for too much of the beginning of the season and before you know it, season lost.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

How do you not address the pen with what they are seeing from this offense? To often Brewers management allows horrendous pitching for too much of the beginning of the season and before you know it, season lost.

I agree. Rebuilding year or not, it's one thing to lose games, it's another to not give a crap when the reason you're losing is so blatant. Just a bit of pitching is what they need to at least stay competitive. Maybe we don't want that, but at this point I'd rather start winning if we're not far off (which I think we aren't).

More or less I've agrees with just about everything Stearns has done but Feliz just seems like a lousy signing. He stinks as a closer and the way he's looking he will have little to no trade value .

Great, so the Brewers will lose this game after leading for most of it because this bullpen is so putrid. I guess if we're going for another high draft pick, this is really the way to lose the game but damn it's frustrating.

It's pretty clear they haven't been going for a high draft pick since Stearns was hired.

That 1-2 to Shaw was a strike.

Pathetic pitching by this bullpen lately. Bunch of bums out there.

Most of our pen -- Milone, Marinez, Drake, and Torres, is made up of guys that no one else wanted. It's just a lousy pen, and Feliz isn't good either. That HR he gave up tonight couldn't have been straighter and more centered in the zone.

So what plan would you put in place to serve us well immediately while preserving the future? Welcome to rebuilding, I hate it too but if we had no weaknesses we would already be rebuilt.

I am not Shea Vucinich

So what plan would you put in place to serve us well immediately while preserving the future? Welcome to rebuilding, I hate it too but if we had no weaknesses we would already be rebuilt.

Bullpens can be built even in rebuilding years. Other than Barnes and Knebel, none of the rest are a part of the future. The weaknesses could have very well been inexperience and starting pitching. It didn't have to be the leftovers bullpen that we have right now. That was just being cheap to be cheap. And if I saw what my offense was capable of, I would be finding new arms, from somewhere. Give this team a shot already.

Archived