Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thursday 4/27 - MLB Boys Off; Mudcat AM Game; Three Options Tonight

Mass Haas
For that article on Gatewood

How in the hell does a franchise allow any of there players not to get there eyes checked.. That is embarrassing... seeing pitches and knowing what is being thrown at u is essential to being successful for hitters... another example of this organization being behind the eight ball on basic and important topics.. how many other guys need there eyes checked? Smh..

Did you read the article? He had 20/20 when they drafted him.

Yearly eye exams are not only normal, but inexpensive. If they didn't know he needed glasses, they should've...

this reminds me of a similar dialogue that many had when Jason Kendall had Lasik surgery- and many questioned then, too if the team gave yearly eye exams.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=10695&start=60

Guys I dont know if this has been said or not..... but Kendall had Lasik eye surgery in November and has told people that it makes a Huge difference...... maybe thats why his batting average dropped from .290 to .240 from 2006 to 2007...... or the fact that his 30% throwing out rate dropped to 15% from 2006 to 2007....its tough to throw people out when your aim is off.....

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

this reminds me of a similar dialogue that many had when Jason Kendall had Lasik surgery- and many questioned then, too if the team gave yearly eye exams.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=10695&start=60

Guys I dont know if this has been said or not..... but Kendall had Lasik eye surgery in November and has told people that it makes a Huge difference...... maybe thats why his batting average dropped from .290 to .240 from 2006 to 2007...... or the fact that his 30% throwing out rate dropped to 15% from 2006 to 2007....its tough to throw people out when your aim is off.....

Yeah, I've posted a picture of Vaughn from Major League several times in these discussions. For a game that depends so heavily on vision, you would think things like this would be a priority.

I also remember an article discussion how Pujols used hand-eye coordination training to help him improve his batting.

One would think that the basic items like these would be covered by now by teams in player development...

Archived