Brewer Fanatic

Thames' Cult Status

Crash2303
I agree on the cult following. And with the interviews he is a great follow. His blood and urine quote was pure gold Jerry. Anyhow, as far as a nickname, I agree with those saying something along the lines / something to do with the Thames River. (I know they are not pronounced the same - but it's what I think of) ... I am going to my first game on Sat and I hope his walk up music is something with River in it. Like the new song by Bishop Briggs - "River". Anyhow - I am loving him and his mashing of homeruns.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Tony Plush, baby
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

top Three:

1. Branyan

2. Tim Dillard

3. Neugebauer

Thames is gonna be a cult hero for about 1 more week, and then he's gonna be the face of the MLB. He's gonna have the most votes for the allstar game and win the hr derby.

Stormin' Gorman Thomas

http://jssportscards.com/30%20Thomas0001%20(Small).jpg

- Lead league in HRs (twice)

- Lead league in strikeouts (twice)

- Ran into many, many walls

- Ran a bar (Stormin' and Vuks)

- Drank too much

- Ate too much

- Long hair and bushy mustache

- Looked like he should be at the end of bar, not on a baseball field

- Loved Milwaukee

- Helped Brewers get to World Series

All this..... by far the most popular player by his given stats. .229 lifetime hitter?

25th & Becher. I believe Don Money had a bar too, but Stormin' & Vuke's is the one people remember. Can you even imagine that today? Those places were a little different than Ryan Braun's Waterfront Grille, or whatever that place was called.

How soon we forget the legacy of Crazy Joe Dillon and George "Greek God of Abs" Kottaras.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

George "Greek God of Abs" Kottaras.

Gabe Kapler would like to speak with you...

He's not Greek, though.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

please tell me this has been posted somewhere here already, if so- no apologies. his own theme song?

I don't know whether this is the Brewerfan debut of the video, but it's been steadily going around social media sites and has been called to the Brewers' attention. They may have to get rights to broadcast it at Miller Park.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I watched a few of those Korean videos....and they are incredible. Someone with a sense of humor should get one for their walkup music.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If Thames is with the team, and puts up these kind of numbers for the next 3 seasons, he will not be a cult hero, he will be a Brewers all time hero!
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

please tell me this has been posted somewhere here already, if so- no apologies. his own theme song?

I don't know whether this is the Brewerfan debut of the video, but it's been steadily going around social media sites and has been called to the Brewers' attention. They may have to get rights to broadcast it at Miller Park.

Someone first posted the link to the video in an in game thread (I think) a few days ago. Otherwise, it's embedded in the 4th or 5th post of this thread.

Archived