Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-26: Reds (Davis) at Brewers (Peralta) 12:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-4]

hawing
I work with a huge Angels fan that is steaming over that trade. I love every hit he gets.

Hard to come up with one Stearns trade that hasn't made him look good. I guess Khris Davis but even that one isn't really that big of a deal.

The Adam Lind deal was a bit surprising, but we wont be able to grade that one for at least a couple more years.

Well Carter had a better season for less money, so without knowing if there was any interest in the league in a trade, hard to say it was a bad trade even if none of three prospects get to the majors.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like allowing Wily to go deeper into the game here. Hopefully it works out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Enough with the claps and cheers for Scooter. Boy do we have some idiot fans. Only Milwaukee cheers on mediocre. There are two on, no one out in a crucial situation.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Enough with the claps and cheers for Scooter. Boy do we have some idiot fans. Only Milwaukee cheers on mediocre. There are two on, no one out in a crucial situation.

Yeah I have to agree. Ok Scooter was a nice little mediocre player here for a few years. Give him a little courtesy applause his first AB back in MP and move on, quit acting like it's the return of Paul Molitor every time he comes up to bat.

Yeah I have to agree. Ok Scooter was a nice little mediocre player here for a few years. Give him a little applause his first AB back in MP and move on, quit acting like it's the return of Paul Molitor every time he comes up to bat.

One time, the first time he was up, would be perfectly fine for a nice round of applause. The rest is flat out annoying. Actually embarrassing to an extent.

Embarrassing? Really? Wow...

I don't know if I would call it embarrassing, but it's pretty over the top. Scooter understands, we're nice courteous fans that appreciate his contributions here. Now he's a Red and we gave him an ovation, let's move on. The guy wasn't even very good. Sheesh, I don't know if he got applauded every AB so much when he was an actual Brewer.

So is our two-headed catching monster Pindy or Baña?

Im partial to 'Ma ma many and the jett'

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I can understand the nostalgia for players that have moved on to other teams. You see the players on your home team frequently, so it's not a big deal when you see them. When you see former players, it's like a family reunion. I don't care if people applaud for them once or forever. Just not something I'll get worked up about. Now, the strike-zone that the ump calls, or the state of our pitching staff, that I'll get worked up over! Priorities.... :)

Was there a reason for this pitching change? Give me a break.

I wish Willy would have pitched a bit better today but he was helped out by that big lead.

He didn't pitch that bad. Made a couple mistakes, had a few errors behind him that made his pitch count climb, but he still threw the ball pretty well.

Imagine how good this team could be if only our starting pitching didn't totally suck.

And a good portion of the bullpen.

Maybe the bullpen isn't that bad and it only just seems that way to me.

Our team ERA is 16th in the majors, so at least statistically we are average.

Our WHIP and OBP are the second highest in the league. If we keep giving up that many base runners, the ERA will go up accordingly I should think. So we're getting rather lucky so far.

Our team ERA is 16th in the majors, so at least statistically we are average.

Our WHIP and OBP are the second highest in the league. If we keep giving up that many base runners, the ERA will go up accordingly I should think. So we're getting rather lucky so far.

The starting pitching has been fine. Anderson has a FIP- of 62, Davies and Nelson of 99, and even Peralta and Millone have not terrible 106 and 107. What is killing the Brewers is terrible defense at 2B and RF (and maybe CF) along with terrible relief performances by Torres, Marinez, and Feliz so far.

Archived