Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-26: Reds (Davis) at Brewers (Peralta) 12:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-4]

hawing
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imagine how good this team could be if only our starting pitching didn't totally suck.

And a good portion of the bullpen.

Maybe the bullpen isn't that bad and it only just seems that way to me.

Solo homers won't win this for the Reds.

No but chipping away at the score each inning might.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Solo homers won't win this for the Reds.

No but chipping away at the score each inning might.

Which is why the 'unwritten rules' on team behavior with a big lead are such a joke. Rock alluded to this yesterday, it's not uncommon for teams to get offended if the opposition steals or bunts with a big lead. Some teams have better pens than others. No game is over in baseball til the last out. You're still trying to win and they're still trying to come back.

I can't remember who it was, I'm almost positive a Cardinal, that got mad a few years ago because the opposing pitcher threw a curve or change with a big lead instead of just straight fastballs. Its such a joke.

I work with a huge Angels fan that is steaming over that trade. I love every hit he gets.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewers need to win this game and enjoy the off day. Peralta hasn't thrown the ball that bad today.

We blow up errors badly on these boards. Shaw has been good. Errors happen from time to time. R-E-L-A-X

I work with a huge Angels fan that is steaming over that trade. I love every hit he gets.

Hard to come up with one Stearns trade that hasn't made him look good. I guess Khris Davis but even that one isn't really that big of a deal.

Hard to come up with one Stearns trade that hasn't made him look good. I guess Khris Davis but even that one isn't really that big of a deal.

The Adam Lind deal was a bit surprising, but we wont be able to grade that one for at least a couple more years.

The Adam Lind deal was a bit surprising, but we wont be able to grade that one for at least a couple more years.

Yeah, it kind of was at the time, but they got Freddy Peralta out of that deal who is a pretty decent pitching prospect. I haven't honestly followed Lind too closely since we dealt him but I don't think he's done anything to make us miss him much since then.

Don't we have one of our top pitching prospects (Peralta) because of that trade?

Archived