Brewer Fanatic

Brewer OPS for 2017

reillymcshane
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Brewer position players have had a really, really weird season. Look at the OPS of our players - they are essentially doing bad or really good. There's no in-between.

Villar: .566

Santana: .599

Arcia: .531

Aguilar: .609

Broxton: .582

Franklin: .409

Kirk N.: .473

Thames: 1.411

Braun: .970

Shaw: .888

Pina: 1.096

Bandy: 1.024

Perez: .953

I don't know what it means. I just was looking at numbers and realized no one was 'average'. Everyone was on the extreme.

Obviously, it's very early. Things will adjust to the mean over time. But I thought it was interesting.

The fact that Perez raised his OPS by 250 points in one game, shows how quickly that can change.

Yeah Aguilar started out the year looking like we can't keep him out of the lineup, now he's down near a .600 OPS and I don't think has had a hit in weeks.

Perez starred out looking like a bust one year fluke and his OPS climbs into elite range almost overnight. Shows how quickly things can change.

Villar and Broxton are getting there. Slowly but they're climbing. In Broxton's case even if he can just climb another 100 points to about. 700, that has value for an elite CF glove. Santana seems to be going the other way right now.

The bottom line is that it's early and it doesn't take much for numbers to change quickly.

Thames' killer start is the main reason Aguilar's not getting the PA his spring training roll suggested. Then again, halfway through ST, some were calling for Aguilar to be the regular 1B and for Thames' contract to be discarded because Thames was hitting SO lousy..... which cycles back to the original point that above all, it's early.

Archived