Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-25: Reds (Feldman) at Brewers (Davies) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-1; Thames hits 11th April home run]

hawing
Anyone know the record for consecutive homers against one team? Thames against the Reds has to be getting close to a MLB if not team record.

The closest thing I could find was Lou Gherig had 14 homers against the Indians in one season. Just think with 6 games, Thames is halfway there.

And just like that, Perez has an OPS >.900 on the season and his OBP is .080 higher than his BA.

I've had my doubts that he can get on base, because he never really has. If he can develop that part of his game he can be a very valuable player and Shaw/Perez will make a heck of a 3B combo .

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Anyone know the record for consecutive homers against one team? Thames against the Reds has to be getting close to a MLB if not team record.

The closest thing I could find was Lou Gherig had 14 homers against the Indians in one season. Just think with 6 games, Thames is halfway there.

Don't have your answer - but here's this tidbit.

Brewers 1B Eric Thames joined Hall-of-Famer Willie Stargell as the only players to hit 8 HR in April against one team (Thames against the Reds, Stargell in 1971 against the Braves (via Elias Sports Bureau).

Archived