Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-24 Reds (Garrett) at Brewers (Garza) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-7]

hawing
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know everyone is just going to complain about Garza(like usual), but the dude fought through 100 pitches in his first start of the season. He looked good at times, but made a few mistakes. I will let him pitch a month before throwing him onto the fire.

but man I don't like him at all doing Brewer games.

Glad I am not the only one. I don't watch the Bucks/Badgers so I didn't really understand the excitement when he came to do the Brewers games. That being said he is a lot better than when he started.

Even if it worked, letting Garza bat there was just dumb. He looked gassed at the end of the last inning and is just coming off of an injury.

Well, if he has to head back to the DL it would not be the worst thing ever. Maybe we can get that 2018 option down to $1M here yet.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I like Eric Thames. I also like that everyone thinks he's on roids. haterz gonna hate
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I know everyone is just going to complain about Garza(like usual), but the dude fought through 100 pitches in his first start of the season. He looked good at times, but made a few mistakes. I will let him pitch a month before throwing him onto the fire.

Runner at 3rd because of an error with nobody out and he gets two strikeouts and a ground out.

Kind of hard to go deep into games with three errors behind you in the first four innings.

Is Keon's C-flap too big he can't even see? Sometimes(putting it nicely) he looks so stupid going down looking it is like he doesn't even know a pitch ever came.

He needs to learn how to lay off the high fastball and how to protect the outside corner with 2 strikes. They are just really big holes in his game. He watches that outside strike two or three times a night.

One start doesn't really bother me, it's more of the last 2 seasons which tell us he isn't a very good pitcher anymore.

He should be better than 2015, I guess, but at the end of the day his upside is just more crap on the Nelson/Peralta pile. The days of hoping he salvages anything resembling a trade value are over.

Runner at 3rd because of an error with nobody out and he gets two strikeouts and a ground out.

Kind of hard to go deep into games with three errors behind you in the first four innings.

Except that neither error in the first 2 innings put a single extra pitch on Garza's arm. Both stealing/pickoff errors on guys that were already on.

The one on Arcia did but that doesn't mean he's totally unaccountable for giving up a dinger right after or that that's the sole reason he only went 4. 3 walks in 4 innings also did not help.

Archived