Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-23: Cardinals (Leake) at Brewers (Nelson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

reillymcshane
Nice having Hughes come in to put this game out of reach. It seems to be what he's been good at.

Hughes is a joke. Very fortunate it isn't 9-2. Thought that one was off the CF scoreboard. Not that 6-2 or 9-2 makes a bit of difference at this point.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I was at Miller Park yesterday I over heard many saying stuff like where are we, St. Louis? Where are the people of Milwaukee? Etc... I have to agree with them. Very small crowd for a Saturday night (even though there was a Bucks game in the afternoon) and there were a lot of Cardinals fans in the house. Pretty sad stuff. Never really thought of Wisconsin people as fair weather.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nice having Hughes come in to put this game out of reach. It seems to be what he's been good at.

Hughes is a joke. Very fortunate it isn't 9-2. Thought that one was off the CF scoreboard. Not that 6-2 or 9-2 makes a bit of difference at this point.

It will when this team rallies for 2-3 runs and we lose 6-4 or 6-5 lol

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

When I was at Miller Park yesterday I over heard many saying stuff like where are we, St. Louis? Where are the people of Milwaukee? Etc... I have to agree with them. Very small crowd for a Saturday night (even though there was a Bucks game in the afternoon) and there were a lot of Cardinals fans in the house. Pretty sad stuff. Never really thought of Wisconsin people as fair weather.

They wear too hats of different teams, obv.

I hate watching this pitching staff.

At least with young guys you can hope for the future....but Milone, Hughes, Torres, Garza, Nelson, Peralta etc etc.... None are young......some are old.....some should be entering their prime.....

I understand why they are waiting on some guys.. ..but it just sucks to be have to watch this crap day after day.

Nice spring story, but Aguilar doesn't look like a guy who is going to stick til the AS break.

1 for his last 20, with 9 Ks, yikes. That's not going to keep you on a roster for long when you're a one dimensional backup 1st baseman with no track record.

Nice spring story, but Aguilar doesn't look like a guy who is going to stick til the AS break.

If Thames wasn't playing like a HOF'er right now Aguilar probably gets more than 2 AB's a week. He was getting somewhat regular playing time until April 11 and had a .955 OPS at that point. He's 0 for since then in his sporadic at bats.

Really nice at bat for Pina right there. I try to keep reminding myself of the bright spots so I don't go insane over this season and he and Bandy have been a huge bright spot.

Barring a DP ball from Thames, we have two shots with our two best players to tie this game up. Can't ask for much more than that.

God what another awful AB by Santana. Guess I should just be happy he didn't ground into a double play.

Glad he didn't swing at the pitch he struck out on or it would've been a DP ball. Looked awfully low.

Well, that series went about as expected for the Brewers. Same ole, same ole. Need to rebound against the Reds and Braves to finish off this home stand with some wins.

And there it is

Nice.......can we find some decent bullpen arms somewhere?

The Brewers consistently finish in the top half of the league in attendance despite being the smallest media market in all of MLB and having an historically bad franchise. Brewers fans are anything but fair weather.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Honestly, the irrational side of me wants to DFA Garza, Milone, Hughes, and Drake today. Sheesh there's 4 pitchers of ours already that I would be fine with never seeing again and I haven't even touched the youngish ok back end guys like Peralta and Nelson. Get up Lopez, Hader, Wang, and Woodruff now and throw them into the fire and flush all the crap away.

NOTE: I realize this is irrational, won't happen and shouldn't happen, and wouldn't be good for the interests of the Brewers. I'm just tired of seeing the team hamstrung for years by crappy pitching.

The Brewers pitching is bad this year. That is why it will be yet another rebuilding year.

We knew the pitching was not good at the start of the season and should not be surprised by it now.

No reason to burn service time for Hader, Woodruff etc...

The plan is to get another high draft pick and make trades at midseason.

Archived