Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-23: Cardinals (Leake) at Brewers (Nelson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

reillymcshane
These are the innings that keep Nelson from bring a pretty decent pitcher in the bigs. Some just never figure it out. He's most likely one of them.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone ever seen a major league team run the bases as bad as this Cardinal team? One more pickoff and I'm going to be watching Gilligan reruns.

BTW, Reds beating the Cubs in the 8th.

Confident in saying Villar of 2016 (April thru July) made more mistakes per game than 2017 Cardinal team all by himself.

Dead horse, but I can't imagine there is another team that kills themselves with walks more than the Brewers. You lead off the inning with a pair of walks, and then later in the inning, an 0-2 meatball to the pitcher let's two of them come home. It's just inexcusable and things like this continue to happen to our pitching staff.

Has anyone ever seen a major league team run the bases as bad as this Cardinal team? One more pickoff and I'm going to be watching Gilligan reruns.

BTW, Reds beating the Cubs in the 8th.

Confident in saying Villar of 2016 (April thru July) made more mistakes per game than 2017 Cardinal team all by himself.

http://b3.ifrm.com/5919/67/0/e5027433//e5027433.gif

Of the Cardinals' eight runs in the past three games, six have been driven in by pitchers.

:laughing

No matter who is on our team, this is the sort of thing that just happens to us every time we see that Redbird jersey on the other side. I long for the day that we don't have to discuss every series with the Cardinals how much they own us, but they do.

Jimmy set himself up a possibility of getting through six innings now if Counsell wants. I think I would let him start the inning and if walks a guy, take him out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Now that Aguilar's hot streak is over and he only can play first base, can we move him down and bring up someone with more flexibility and possibly give us a bit more with the bat? Good spring training story and it was fun the first week but there's really no reason to keep him around now.

Why is it that every game our offense starts out looking like they're going to have a huge day, then as soon as they get a little behind they crawl into the fetal position for the rest of the game?

I've never seen Carpenter ejected. Matheny ejected as he walks away?! haha, love it.

I dunno, pretty good pitch from Suter to Carpenter. God Bless, America, btw.

Damn ricky it was a good pitch. Carp is a worthless POS that had ONE great year and has been coasting since. Can't lay off crap, can't field and can't run bases so he takes it out on the little ump. It's infuriating.

LOL @ Carpenter. Stevie Wonder could tell that was a strike. You're going to feel like quite a moron when you go back and look at the tape of you throwing a childish temper tantrum over a perfect pitch.

Have to hit homers to score with this offense.

I've never seen Carpenter ejected. Matheny ejected as he walks away?! haha, love it.

I dunno, pretty good pitch from Suter to Carpenter. God Bless, America, btw.

Damn ricky it was a good pitch. Carp is a worthless POS that had ONE great year and has been coasting since. Can't lay off crap, can't field and can't run bases so he takes it out on the little ump. It's infuriating.

I hate defending Cardinals by Carpenter has been pretty great. Career OPS+ of 129 and consistently been 130 or higher and 3 or 4 WAR every year. His dWAR looks average to below average but his bat is top notch.

Archived