Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-23: Cardinals (Leake) at Brewers (Nelson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

reillymcshane
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

wpid-st-louis-cardinals-vs-milwaukee-brewers.jpg

Cardinals:

CF Dexter Fowler (S)

SS Aledmys Diaz ®

1B Matt Carpenter (L)

RF S. Piscotty ®

LF Randal Grichuk ®

3B Greg Garcia (L)

2B Kolten Wong (L)

C Eric Fryer ®

P Mike Leake (R

Brewers:

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

RF Eric Thames (L)

LF Ryan Braun ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

1B Jesus Aguilar ®

C Manny Pina ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

P Jimmy Nelson ®

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We won thursday so sweep already avoided. But it wouod still be nice to at least get a split.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

5 & 7 through 9 is so bad that 1-4 have to play like all stars to put up runs.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't know if I've ever seen a Brewers team with more pickoffs at 2nd base. From the catcher, but also the pitcher so far in 2017. Maybe my eyes (and thus my memory) are playing ticks on me.

Braun has to catch that ball.

Is his range out there in LF really that bad, or was he just playing way too deep for some reason? Can't believe how long that ball hung up there without being caught.

Is his range out there in LF really that bad, or was he just playing way too deep for some reason? Can't believe how long that ball hung up there without being caught.

Jam shot on a homer run hack. Very easy to get a bad jump on it because you're taking a step back. His range is fine as he made a diver last night on a tougher ball.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jam shot on a homer run hack. Very easy to get a bad jump on it because you're taking a step back. His range is fine as he made a diver last night on a tougher ball.

No offense to Braun, but his instincts in the outfield leave a lot to be desired. His ability to read the ball off the bat is what made him so bad in RF. He still has decent speed and routes in LF to make up for it the majority of the time.

No offense to Braun, but his instincts in the outfield leave a lot to be desired. His ability to read the ball off the bat is what made him so bad in RF. He still has decent speed and routes in LF to make up for it the majority of the time.

Yeah I agree that he's just alright out there. Probably about average defensively.

Archived