Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-22: Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-1]

hawing
Santana could use a trip to Colorado Springs. Maybe it's his personality but he lacks any fire/spirit. Just ho-hum go through the motions.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Santana could use a trip to Colorado Springs. Maybe it's his personality but he lacks any fire/spirit. Just ho-hum go through the motions.

6th or 7th inning he hit a grounder, just Sunday jogging it down the line. Might have made it a close play. Santana doesn't have a secure enough roster spot at the MLB level to do that.

Broxton and Arcia are struggling just as badly as Santana but I never get the impression that either isn't trying.

6th or 7th inning he hit a grounder, just Sunday jogging it down the line. Might have made it a close play. Santana doesn't have a secure enough roster spot at the MLB level to do that.

Broxton and Arcia are struggling just as badly as Santana but I never get the impression that either isn't trying.

Agreed. And Broxton and Arcia have good defense to go with it, which makes up for some of the struggles at the plate. Santana is such a poor defender that he needs to be significantly above average offensively to justify being an everyday player.

You rarely ever see that from a guy like Braun. Hustles all over. Santana, not so much.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I always have to remind myself that Santana is really young, only 24. So you certainly can't give up on him, but effort is entirely within his control and if he doesn't show it now he's probably not going show it later.

Santana is a bad defensive outfielder. If you're going to stick as a bad defensive outfielder, you'd better rake with the bat. You'd think he'd be aware of all of this and would be showing a pretty consistent motor. He just gives the impression of a lazy player.

Archived