Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-22: Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-1]

hawing
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Classic Counsell trying to over-manage. Tell Broxton to stay put and not run into an out.

Yeah, I have no idea what that was. Just dumb to try bunting with 2 strikes, 1 out, and a guy on 3rd anyway when he's already failed multiple times getting it down. What was he thinking? Just give Anderson a shot at putting it in play with a flyball or RBI grounder, otherwise you've still got a shot with Villar. Cripes.

Torres 2 mistakes in one AB. He has been bad.

Counsell's first move to the pen is always so random. Chase cruising with under 90 pitches? Get him out of there. Nelson laboring with a high pitch count? Let it ride.

Big scoring opportunity in the 1st and we don't capitalize.

A great catch followed by a bad throw and even worse backup job leads to a run with the pitcher waiting to bat.

A missed bunt with 2 strikes and a runner on 3rd with one out , runner caught down the line as the strikeout occurs and suddenly it's a double play.

Should be up at least 2-1, and we're down. This is why we're the Brewers, and this is why we always lose more games than we should .

Yeah, he was probably safe. I don't think it was indisputable but no way do they give us the out if it isn't called that way on the field.

With that said I'm glad they correctly ruled it indisputable instead of 'It's not totally indisputable but it sure LOOKS that way so we're going to change it',, like they often do.

Archived