Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-22: Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-1]

hawing

For some reason, it's Beatles Night at Miller Park.

I have nothing against the Beatles, but I don't tend to equate them with baseball in my mind.

CARDINALS

SS Greg Garcia (L)

LF Jose Martinez ®

1B Matt Carpenter (L)

3B Jedd Gyorko ®

RF Stephen Piscotty ®

C Yadier Molina ®

RF Randal Grichuk ®

2B Kolten Wong (L)

RHP Lance Lynn ®

BREWERS

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

1B Eric Thames (L)

LF Ryan Braun ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

C Jett Bandy ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Chase Anderson ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that was a much worse pitch called Strike 3 on Broxton than the one Wong and Matheny were up in arms about.

No kidding. And I can't wait to have someone post shortly after the game ends that people complain about umps too much. No way you can cover both zones.

St the game. Holy cow. What a way to give up a run.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Unreal. Geez.

That is Thames' mistake.

Pretty terrible throw, but yeah, Thames absolutely can't let that ball get all the way out of play like that.

The kicker is that the pitcher was coming up so you're most likely out of the inning already anyway and we pull that.

Another quality at-bat from Domingo.

Santana really started all of this in the 1st when he's got 2 runners in scoring position with 1 out and inexplicably takes a perfect 3rd strike, and so we end up getting nothing else. Had our chance to get to Lynn early and since then we've got nothing .

That was one pitiful squeeze attempt. Glad Anderson has been a better pitcher this year than he is a bunter.

EDIT: It doesn't even look like it was a squeeze. I have no idea what it was really or what Anderson was doing still bunting. It was just dumb baseball. Did no one remind Anderson that it was no longer a sac play, or what?

Archived