Brewer Fanatic

Lil' Weeks

Hey does anyone have info on him or know how good he is. I would love to see another weeks in the system because his brother would be able to give him a lot of support here. From what i heard he is prob not a 10 round pick so I think the brewers should draft him let him play year of college ball and if he wants to sign after that good for use.

Just remember those Weeks are slow starters Rickie was poorly recuited and no one really thought that he could do what he did. So if the crew have a chance to take him i think it would be a great snag.

Just think he can have what the D-Rays wish they could have the star brother combo( Uptons)Even thou the weeks weren't near the heip that these guys were in hs

Brewerfan.net Jemile Weeks profile

He could go in the top 10 rounds. Being the little brother of Rickie definitely helped him, just for the simple fact that he can go to U. of Miami if the draft doesn't work out for him. Similar prospect to Rickie at the same time, and if Jemile has half of the work ethic of his big brother, he too could be special.

Right now, there are still doubters about his size.

I think I may have seen him at the airport in Orlando. While waiting for luggage I saw a guy who looked just like Rickie and he stood there wearing a leather coat. I happened to have a magazine with Rickie's picture in it with me and compared and it had to have been Jemile. I didn't have the guts to go through the big crowd and ask him though. Wish I would have though. Would be kind of neat to have him.

"Not much offensively"? He had a career OPS+ of 69, with only one year when he was above average and one other when he was close. Most of the time he was one of the worst hitters in the league. The good Lord has never made the second baseman whose defense makes up for that kind of helplessness with the bat. He's arguably never made any player whose defense compensates for that kind of hitting -- interested parties can debate Mark Belanger (OPS+ 6http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/glasses.gif .

Greg.

"Not much offensively"? He had a career OPS+ of 69, with only one year when he was above average and one other when he was close. Most of the time he was one of the worst hitters in the league.

But he had one of the all-time great baseball cards. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Verified Member
So we have one Weeks who can hit, but can't field and another that can field, but can't hit. Can we combine them to create a HOF middle infielder? Of course with the Brewer's luck, we'd end up a player who can't hit or field, like Spivey.

Archived