Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-21: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Peralta) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-3]

reillymcshane

ERA's of our starters this year:

Milone: 5.63

Davies: 8.24

Nelson: 4.42

Peralta: 4.71

Anderson: 1.50

Anderson won't be that good, and Davies won't be that bad, but you've really got an entire rotation full of #4/#5 pitchers. It's not rocket science why we're not ready to contend yet, and we probably won't until we get the rotation fixed.

Sometimes i think rock would call a pitch a foot off the plate called a strike 'too close to take'. Telling every hitter dont bother developing an eye because every pitch around the plate is 'too close to take' is ridiculous!
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Just turning the game on. Cliff notes?

Wainwright had 4 RBI.

:laughing this is perfect

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The way they're measuring pitch speed, must be the faster you throw the bigger deviation from your normal pitch speed. There's no way that Rosenthal (who has a great arm) sits at 99, 100'ish.

This is a side topic conversation, but it bothers me that MLB does this and puts more emphasis on MPH. I think that contributes a LOT toward arm injuries -- which may or may not be unavoidable when one is throwing that much.

The almost complete silence we've heard lately on Aguilar is a pretty good reminder of how much stock to put into spring training numbers.

I do agree with you but it is tough to continue to produce when your at bats are so sparatic. He's probably the next to go down since there's just no where's to play him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The almost complete silence we've heard lately on Aguilar is a pretty good reminder of how much stock to put into spring training numbers.

I do agree with you but it is tough to continue to produce when your at bats are so sparatic. He's probably the next to go down since there's just no where's to play him.

Make no mistake I'm not giving up on Aguilar, but I think his several thousand plus sample size of meh production in the minors speaks a lot louder than a handful of spring training ABs. I just can't really think of a single guy who ever really came out of nowhere to make a bench on the strength of a ridiculously good spring and then go on to be any kind of impactful player.

Tough to get starts when Thames is ahead of you on the depth chart. How can you sit Thames and start Aguilar? You are also looking for Games for Perez so just leaves Thames at 1b with Perez for the utility. He's only 0-5 now as PH with a Walk and an RBI. Tough to claim his Spring wasn't a representation of what he brings to the order because of 6 PH PAs in last 10 Brewers' games played. You're asking for PAs/game time from the guy who's #1 in Baseball in 5 categories at the start of this game.

I agree and stated in another thread, I think he's next to be moved to make room for someone.

Archived