Brewer Fanatic

Nieuwenhuis DFA'd; Suter recalled

And That

It is a little bit funny that Kirk finally had a good game and then was removed from the team. I don't understand the Suter call up as he is pretty stinky himself.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

With adding Suter as a lefty in the pen, does that make it more likely that Millone stays in the rotation and Garza heads to the pen?

I'm hoping this makes it more likely that Milone gets DFA'd.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I can't see this team having only four bench players for long, so in the near future I imagine two pitchers are sent down/DFA and a CF is called up, possibly added to the 40 man depending on the player.

I think it'd be fun if they sent down Broxton can called up Brinson AND Phillips. Minds would blow around these forums but it would be fun as heck to watch those two with this team.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 25m25 minutes ago

More

Nieuwenhuis was primary backup in CF to Broxton, who opened in huge slump. Franklin, Perez, Thames, not really CF types. Perhaps Santana.

Considering he can't even play serviceable RF, perhaps we not try that experiment again.

I'd rather see Santana forced into CF than to call up someone like Wren.

You just knew something was going to happen when Counsell preached patience,for struggling hitters earlier this week. Guessing Surer will simply go back down when Garza is activated. Milone was solid vs. Cubs on Wednesday. Should have been allowed to go another inning

I think this means Counsell meant what he said that they are going to be patient with Broxton. Still think its likely Phillips ends up as the direct replacement for Kirk, but there's no reason to burn service time of Brinson and Phillips this early in the season when it would likely cost a year of control.

I'd rather see Santana forced into CF than to call up someone like Wren.

Santana can't play CF. He's just passable in RF. Wren makes a lot of sense until Brinson passes the Super 2 cutoff. Wren is a contact hitter who works counts and takes walks which will play off the bench late in games. Plus he can steal a base which fits in with Counsell's style.

Thinking Kirk N's Lefty bat doesn't have a usefulness on the team and was DFA'd because there isn't a need for what he brings to the team anymore.

It is curious on the gap it leaves with CF. Maybe this is a vote of confidence to show Broxton he's the everyday CF the rest of this season. Every game, every inning. The solution may turn out being Aguilar optioned to AAA with some CF like Wren or Reed called up for light duty. Garza is going to remove either Milone or Suter.

Thinking Kirk N's Lefty bat doesn't have a usefulness on the team and was DFA'd because there isn't a need for what he brings to the team anymore.

It is curious on the gap it leaves with CF. Maybe this is a vote of confidence to show Broxton he's the everyday CF the rest of this season. Every game, every inning. The solution may turn out being Aguilar optioned to AAA with some CF like Wren or Reed called up for light duty. Garza is going to remove either Milone or Suter.

Thought that about Broxton myself. You would think it's a vote of confidence in him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Kirk N. may very well end up back with the club.

There is a good chance no one claims He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Spelled. If that's the case, the Brewers might just put him down at AAA to see if he can get back on track.

Of course, as a veteran, he could reject the assignment. But then he'd be losing out on his paycheck. Doubt he wants that.

Again, this all assumes that no one claims Kirk, and the Brewers would like to keep him. Brewers could even say to him that they just want him to go play everyday, get things back in order, and then they'll bring him back.

Archived