Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-19: Brewers (Milone) at Cubs (Hendricks) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-4, on Cub walkoff]

hawing
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm imagine Braun is off because it is a day game after a night game with bad conditions. Seems like a perfect day for him to take off. I wish they had rested Broxton instead of Santana though.

I don't know what the answer is with Broxton right now. You certainly don't give up on him, much too early, but he may need another few week stint in Colorado Springs to work on things a bit.

He's about to come up, maybe he'll give us a positive sign here...

Or he'll just sit up there and stare at 5 pitches.

I thought one of Susac, Pina and Bandy had a chance to be serviceable. I didn't think that Bandy and Pina would be looking like the best catching tandem in MLB after the first couple weeks.

Yeah, it's crazy. The Crew has three of the best hitters in baseball in Ruth, Braun, and Pindy -- three of the worst hitters in Villar, Broxton, and Arica -- and two guys performing solid in Santana and Shaw.

Competition brings out the best of people? Bandy and Pina, who will stop hitting first?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I really do think Villar is getting close. He seems to be seeing it ok and making good contact, just not having any luck right now.

Really because for the most part I recall horrible contact. Yesterday was soft grounders galore.

Lol, is Contreras really that arrogant and whiney? Flipped the bat aside and started to trot to 1st on a 3-1 pitch that was almost right down the middle, and then the 3-2 pitch itself easily was on the corner.

88mph, on the belt... never a good recipe for success in the major leagues.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I really do think Villar is getting close. He seems to be seeing it ok and making good contact, just not having any luck right now.

Really because for the most part I recall horrible contact. Yesterday was soft grounders galore.

I'd like to see more solid contact certainly but the leadoff today certainly qualified. For what it's worth he's put the ball in play in 10 of his last 12 ABs even though all were outs. So I feel like he is at least close. I look at Broxton to compare, and I really like Keon, but he just looks lost and overmatched. I don't know if it's just one of those things where he's slumping or if getting hit in the face is in his head.

I'd like to see more solid contact certainly but the leadoff today certainly qualified. For what it's worth he's put the ball in play in 10 of his last 12 ABs even though all were outs. So I feel like he is at least close. I look at Broxton to compare, and I really like Keon, but he just looks lost and overmatched. I don't know if it's just one of those things where he's slumping or if getting hit in the face is in his head.

Will say I am not watching today's game and certainly nice to see contact vs. all the aka he was filling up the box score with earlier in the season. Still that contact just has not been great still.

Atta boy, Arcia. Solid single.

I feel bad for Broxton; I think he could use a game off or two. He seems pretty lost at the plate right now.

I wish he'd take a page from Arcia and start going after the first pitch when they're throwing to him like this. But even when he does make contact on hittable pitches right now he's just fouling them off.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bandy + Pina > Johnny Bench
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived