Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-18: Brewers (Nelson) at Cubs (Anderson) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

hawing
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't understand Counsell sometimes. He's routinely pulled starters who were going along well after 5 with 80 pitches, Nelson clearly didn't have it tonight and he still rides him to a predictable result in the 6th even after his spot came up in the top half. Makes no sense.

Hughes pitching important innings make me sad.....

I really thought Counsell was going to be less of a conventional manager, and sometimes, he makes me want to believe he is. At other times, I see the same old, 'This is our 7th inning guy ', '8th inning guy ', that I heard out of Yost and RE.

He doesn't seem in love with the bunt, so I'll give him that.

Can't pitch the same guys every night. No problem going with Hughes. Hughes just needs to get his job done. If he can't, back to the waiver wire you go.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sure would be nice to see Villar, Broxton, Arcia do something to win this game.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Craig Coshun: "Mixed results from Jimmy Nelson". I suppose you've got to try to find a positive spin somewhere when you give up 7 earned runs.

Gave up a bunch of runs... Got some people out.... Mixed.

Did not give his team a chance to win, put it that way. Still makes no sense to me why you have a quick hook with your starters all year and then change philosophy with a struggling one.

Whatever, this game is probably over now anyway.

Craig Coshun: "Mixed results from Jimmy Nelson". I suppose you've got to try to find a positive spin somewhere when you give up 7 earned runs.

Isn't that Matt Lepay and not Coshun?

They cut to Coshun in the studio to talk about what was coming up on the Brewers' postgame.

Archived